chapter 34

When I received that text from Camila earlier today, I didn't reply. I knew if I told her the truth she would just contradict me, so what was the point? When I see her, I'll just say I didn't get her text when she brings it up to me. Right now I was getting ready for the big charity fight, I would be lying if I say I wasn't nervous or scared even. I honestly have no idea who I'm fighting in this match, and I really don't want to find out.

"Y/N, are you sure you want to do this?" Caden asks for the millionth time, the worry on his face and in his voice still present. I watch as he finishes wrapping my hands and sliding the gloves on both my hands.

"Yes, Caden. I'm sure I want to do this!" I say, and he just sighs as his hands fall to the sides of his body once he finishes.

"I'm sorry for worrying, I just... I'm worried about this whole thing and-" I don't let hi finish, I wrap my arms around his body and take him into a comforting hug. 

"You need to calm down, Caden." I say, rubbing his back gently. His tense body soon relaxes and he hugs me tighter.

"Just promise me you'll stay safe out there?" He mumbles as we pull away from the hug. I grin at him.

"I can't promise anything." I say and he shoves me playfully, I chuckle softly. And then he looks at me as if he realizes something.

"Wait, Y/N. Where are the girls?" I immediately shrug my shoulders.

"They're busy recording," I make up as I walk near the exit of the locker room, I feel him grab onto my wrist to stop me.

"Y/N. Do they know you're doing this?" I take a deep breath before shaking my head.

"No they don't, but they're about to." I say quietly as I tug my arm out of his grip and walk out of the locker rooms.

As I walk down the short hallway, I can hear the crowd roaring and anxious for the charity fight. Nevertheless the fight. I take a few breaths as I walk out into the light, the crowd yelling and chanting as I walked out and to my side of the Octagon. I glanced around at the full house, flashes going off as my eyes trail to the my opponents side of the Octagon. I squint my eyes to get a better look at the girl in the shiny robe, she pulls off her hood and I see her hair tied up in a tight ponytail. 

"You ready, champ?" I hear Caden say which causes me to tear my gaze from the girl to look at the taller boy beside me. I take a slow breath before nodding.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I say as I slip my mouth guard in. Stepping into the Octagon, along with the my opponent.

"Welcome everybody! To the 2015 'Fight For Charity'!!!!" The announcer's voice booms throughout the whole arena as the crowd cheers in excitement. 

"I'm glad that tonight we have a full house! Who's ready to rumble?!" Once more the crowd goes wild, chanting and yelling. My heart beat quickens, as the crowd gets louder. The atmosphere getting thick.

"On the left side we have the beautiful, Nina Agdal!!" I look at the girl across from me, no doubt she's drop dead gorgeous. I can't believe I'm fighting her.

"And on the right side we have the oh so talented as well as gorgeous, Y/FN Y/LN!!!!" After I was announced a referee walks into the Octagon. Looking at the both of us.

"Alright ladies, I want a clean fight. Got it?" We both nod, "And remember, this is for a good cause." With that he walks out of the ring and blows the whistle. Here goes nothing.

- - - -

I hear a collection of gasps before my body as well as my head collides with the floor. My eyes clamped shut as my head began to spin. I can hear the faint, muffled chanting through my ringing ears. My rigid breaths leaving my agape mouth, as the beads of sweat fall from my face. I could hear someone calling out my name... Caden? Is that him? I don't recall.