Time.

××

I walked through the sliding doors of LexCorp, narrowing my eyes at the guard blocking my way.

'We're closed,' he said, bluntly.

My hand closed tight around the blood covered needle. I should be here wasting something I didn't have.

I licked the blood on my lips, grimacing as it burn my tongue. I needed more time.

This won't do.

Watching the gagging guard fall to the ground, I ignored the screams of the lady at the desk as I pulled out the metal needle from his neck.

I shot a glare at the feeble woman, shutting her up effectively.

I walked to the elevator and realized that there was no other employee in sight.

With a soft click the doors opened. I looked at the numbers on the panel, pushing my finger against the button for the ground floor, the lobby I was currently on was only an illusion.

Leaning my back on the cool steel wall, I closed my eyes. It might have taken only a few seconds for the elevator to open again but it felt like years.

My eyes snapped open, taking in the scene in front of me. An almost countless number of assassins filled the level.

I clenched my fist, trying to control my breathing as a crack ran up the screen of the phone in my grip.

'A freaking reconnaissance mission Batman? Do you have a grudge with Robin? Were you hoping he got killed tonight? Am. . . am I such a bad person?'  I threw the poor android in anger, at an equally unlucky assassin who got knocked out once the phone connected with his jaw.

Didn't matter, I just had to find him.

I strolled into the room with confidence I didn't feel. Clothe in black and drenched in the scent of blood, I blended in perfectly, moving through the mass of killers unnoticed.

I took it upon myself to end the life of any assassin the heroes managed to defeat before they got overrun by recovered foes.

How kind of me. . .

I also killed the assassins who were stupid enough to block my way. How could they not have found out that someone had infiltrated—

'Enemy Attack!'

Seemed like I spoke to soon.

The assassins closest to me chose to attack. I took a step back.

It's still not enough.

'A dozen, really?' I scoffed. 'You underestimate me that much? Do you even know who I am?'

'Tell us!' One of them jeered through his mask.

'Who do you think you are? The Shadow Of The Nightshade?' Another laughed.

I flashed him an angelic smile. 'You don't have the qualifications to question my identity.'

'Kill her! She's delirious.' The person who gave the order, obviously the leader of the small squad, didn't even spare a glance at me.

Good.

I'll take care of this platoon first then.

Twirling the needle in my hand, I stared at the assassins charging towards me. I bounced on my feet for a moment before jumping into the air and scanning for the current condition of the heroes.