20

"My mood is like a vast wilderness. People don't understand me, So I just want to lose it without even knowing..."

~Sober-BigBang

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was raining the next day, the rain hitting the windows hard, a steady pitter-patter filling the house like the sound of distant drums. A drum that mimicked his heart. He was nervous to meet the tutor. Somewhere inside, he hoped he wouldn't come because of the rain, that he'd call and say he couldn't make it.

Taehyung sat on the couch, just waiting for the tutor or his call, he'd set the text books out on the coffee table, and he'd dressed himself in something he'd picked out, just a plain black tee-shirt and checkered shorts. It was kind of cold for shorts, but they were comfortable, so he just pulled a blanket up over himself, sitting cross-legged, Marshmallow sitting in his lap.

The rain was coming down harder, and thunder boomed outside, lightning lighting up the windows. It scared the poodle, Marshmallow whimpered and barked at the noise, and Taehyung gently rubbed the dog's paws and back. Marshmallow was very soft, his curly fur like silk between his fingers.

"It's alright, puppy, don't be scared, Ah?" He said, leaning down to find Marshmallow's eyes.

The little black orbs met his eyes for a second, then the dog whimpered more and licked Taehyung's face.

"I'm scared too, puppy." Taehyung said softly.

Mrs. Park had left to go to work a little while ago, maybe an hour ago after she made sure Jimin and Kyung-mi got on the bus. It was only 8:00AM, but she'd said the tutor would be there in thirty minutes when she'd left. He was late.

Taehyung was starting to get hungry, he hadn't had anything for breakfast, because he'd insisted he wasn't hungry that morning, and he wasn't at the time. Mrs. Park had said there was cereal, and a pizza in the freezer. Why do you trust me with the oven? You remember where I came from, don't you?

He lifted Marshmallow off of his lap, the dog immediately scurrying away to try to squeeze under the low coffee table. Then Taehyung stood up and took the blanket and wrapped it around himself, putting part of it over his head like a hood. The rain was making it especially cold.

He shuffled into the kitchen, opening the swinging door by walking through it backwards. He went straight over to the fridge, opening the freezer door. He took the pizza box out, looking over it. She must have said that by accident, she wouldn't just let me operate an oven. He turned the box over, reading the instructions. She must have meant when the tutor comes.

But what if he doesn't come? Will she get mad if I do it myself?

Taehyung chewed his lip. He didn't want Mrs. Park to be upset, he didn't want her to change her mind and take him back to the mental hospital. I don't want to be dragged away again.

Then he heard a series of hard knocks on the front door, along with a series of doorbell rings, then a combination of the two, along with Marshmallow barking. He'd never heard Marshmallow bark before, maybe it was the rain scaring the poodle.

Taehyung set the pizza box down on the counter, then shuffled back into the living room, biting his lip. It was probably the tutor, it was raining too hard for anyone else to be out.

Taehyung went over to the door and slowly unlocked it and opened it. He'd had terrible nightmares for the last few nights, last night especially, he'd dreamed that he'd answered the door, and there was the doctor standing there, with his dead Appa--pale and his shirt bloodied, and a nurse, and the doctor would smile wide, looking over his glasses, straight jacket in hand, saying, 'You've been a bad boy, this is for your own safety, it's time to go back home.'. He'd woken up drenched in sweat. No, I want to stay, I want to stay, don't take me away.