Netflix and Chill

STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND VOTE ;D

14

Netflix and Chill

Luke orders a mushroom pizza, even though I told l him countless times that I don't eat mushrooms, and I spend a good ten minutes plucking them off of my half of the pizza, while he stares at me.

"Are you actually trying to hurt my feelings?" He pouts.

Rolling my eyes, I take a minute to pause my mushroom plucking so that I can look up at him, "I wouldn't be quote-unquote, 'hurting your feelings', if you would've just ordered it on one half as I told you to."

"I don't understand why you won't just try it," he suggests, through a mouthful. "You never know, you might actually like them."

"I'll pass." I fling one at him, watching as it lands on his eyes. He laughs and then lifts it from his face to eat. I scrunch my nose up in disgust, grabbing one of my slices from the box. "Gross."

We're in his room again and I'm sitting crisscrossed on his bed, him lying down on his back beside me. His knees are drawn up, pale underneath the holes in his usual black jeans.

"What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?" He wonders. There's tomato sauce on the corner of his mouth, and without thinking about it, I grab a napkin and reach forward to wipe it. He swats my hand away with a smile, and motions for me to answer his question. 

"Eh," I shrug. "I'm not sure." Isn't there an unspoken rule about not revealing your most embarrassing moments? 

Luke mocks me, "Come on. Everyone has been embarrassed before."

"I'm not sure," I repeat, trying to rack my head of something that's equally not that embarrassing and worth telling. I nod my head, "Okay, there was this one time when I had first moved to this new house, and uh, well there was this guy there that I didn't know. I pushed him and accused him of taking my things, and I think I really scared him," I pause to see if Luke is catching on. The slight smile on his face answers my question and I continue on. "Anyway, turned out he lived there. Way before me, actually. It was embarrassing, I have to admit. But only for like a second because he was a real jerk and kind of deserved it."

Luke laughs, "First you called me spoiled and now I'm a jerk too? I don't think this relationship is gonna work Annie. Too much verbal abuse going on."

"Ah, that's too bad. I was just starting to like you," I tease sarcastically, taking another bite of my pizza.

"Have you ever had a dream about being a lesbian? That would be hot."

Instantly, I'm choking on my pizza, my face blushing red from his blunt question. He jumps up, shifting around in front of me, and leans over to pat my back. "Hey, you okay?"

I frown as my coughing dies down, "Luke, you're gross."

"And you didn't answer the question." Eyebrows raise, "So what aren't you telling me, Annie?"

"No," I huff. "I haven't." 

He smirks like he doesn't believe me, and I turn my attention back to my food to distract myself from him. "I'm sure. Okay, would you rather be loved or have a lot of money?"

"I don't know, Luke, why are you asking me all these questions?"

"You're the one who said you wanted to talk to me. Did you not?"

I sigh. He's right. "Money," I answer. And then I think about it, "Loved. Both, actually. Like a cute guy who had a lot of money? I would love him instantly."