Exit the Ninjas: Enter the Nya

With the Preeminent destroyed and Morro and the ghost warriors gone along with it; the Ninja, Sensei Wu, Misako, and I had all agreed to rebuild the City of Stiix for their villagers, but the reconstruction wasn't the only thing on my mind.

"I know you'll do your father proud, Lloyd." My brother called down, his elemental dragon dropping a few planks of wood out of place.

Lloyd caught the planks in a hand made of his green energy. "Thanks Kai. When this rebuilding the City of Stiix mess is all over and we finally close this chapter of our lives, I think I'd like to go renovate my father's monastery."

"Easy, easy! You can't just drop these things anywhere! We're building a city, not playing Jenga!" Cole yelled to Kai, while impressively carrying two pairs of long planks over to Zane (despite the fact that he's a ghost).

"Actually, isn't the goal of Jenga also to not drop sticks everywhere?" Zane corrected.

"Eh. Whatever, you guys know what I meant." Cole growled. "But Lloyd, seriously, are you sure you want to take over your father's dojo? It's a lot of responsibility. Maybe you should just leave it all to Sensei Cole!"

"Yeah, right! Sensei Cole? I don't think so. Sensei Jay on the other hand-"

"Is even worse." Zane interrupted.

The guys started arguing and laughing but... what else is new?

I've been training for the past few weeks to beat Morro and the ghosts from the Cursed Realm and now... it's done. I mean I'm glad we got Lloyd back and saved the villagers of Stiix  but... what should I do now?

"Nya? Nya, are you alright?" A soft, kind voice spoke to me, a voice I had grown accustomed to after the crazy times we've been through together recently.

"Oh! Misako! I-I'm fine. I was just thinking about... er um... things." Ugh, nice cover, Nya. Great thinking.

"Oh really? If you don't mind my asking, what kind of things?"

"Well... I mean just unlocked my Full Potential and the realms are safe, which is good but..."

"But..?" Misako tilted her head inquisitively, she always seems so curious, I guess that's her job as an archeologist.

I sighed. "But now I don't have much left to do. At one point, I wanted nothing more than to be on equal terms with the Ninja. Then I became the Samurai and... I felt... special, y'know? But now I've had to give all that up to become the water ninja..."

Misako nodded to me. Sometimes she feels like a mother to me... but... then again, I feel that I should be grateful that my mother was the Master of Water. "But Nya, you've trained extremely hard, and you've found yourself as the Water Ninja, right?"

"That's just it, though. I don't know if that really is my self. I was the Samurai and now I'm a Ninja? But... what I really want to know is if this is really Nya." I tugged at the blue and red garb that I somehow didn't feel so close to despite how tight it was.

"Nya, you still have a long way to go on the path of a ninja, however, that doesn't mean you can't take a detour down the path of Samurai X." Misako smiled at me mischievously, and I knew she had plans for me.

Samurai X is gone... my mech was destroyed. What could she possibly mean?

*~*

"Really? You guys are going out at a time like this?" Kai questioned, but I doubt he was too suspicious.

"Yes, I'm sorry." Misako began. "All this heavy lifting can be killer on an old gal's back. I think that I should just take a small break." She smiled sheepishly, rubbing her back.

"Misako, you're only as old as you feel." Sensei Wu chuckled.

"But she didn't even lift anything! How come she gets a break?" Jay whispered, receiving an elbow jab to the ribs and a 'shh' from my brother.

"It is fine. I am sure that we are more than capable of finishing... the uh... whole city... by ourselves." Zane's voice gradually trailed as he realized what he was saying.

"Whelp, I'm sure you boys can handle the rest without us. Misako, let's get going before all the good tea is gone."

"If you're going out for tea, I'd gladly come with." I heard the smile beneath Sensei Wu's huge, white beard. Tea is truly his motivation in life.

"No, no! It's fine!" I shouted.

Misako followed my cover with one of her own. "Besides, we'll probably be um... shopping for lady things next too!" Misako... why? Why?

"Yeah, like um... hair brushes and... lotions and stuff like that!" I chuckled. Okay... crisis averted. I can't believe Misako said lady stuff!

"Oh! If you're going out for lotion can you grab me some Anacondrai-Skin Be-Gone? My skin gets really rough from handling all this wood." Jay groaned, revealing his rough, dry hands...

"Uh... will do!" I shouted, hopping onto my moped.

"Bye now!" Misako added, hopping on behind me.

"See ya!" The guys called to us as the dirt road spat dust behind my moped.

"So, where are we actually going, Misako? Or did you actually want some tea?"

"How about the New Ninjago Spa? Some nice hot coals could really 'fix up this old gal's back.'" Misako laughed wildly and in my side view mirror, I noticed that she had whipped her braid unloose, allowing her gray hair the freedom to whip wildly in the wind.

"Misako, I think this is gonna be one awesome day!"

*~*

Author's note: So... first Ninjago fanfic and ofc I choose one of my favorite characters to make a story around: Nya!