Simple, right? -Chapter 20

-Lexi's POV- 

"Come on, let's go!" I hissed to M'gann. We were on our way to pass and receive information to Aqualad. Dick had said that the plan to take down the Reach and the Light was near and that we needed to collaborate with Aqualad to know what was going on. The Light's submarine ship was docked near some warehouses in Gotham, right on the water. Our job was to meet Kaldur inside the designated one, pass on the information, and get out. Simple, right? That's what we thought too. But it's crazy how a day can go so wrong so quickly. 

"Ready?" she asked me as we jumped stealthily from one warehouse roof to another. 

"You know it." I grinned deviously as we landed on the roof of the building that we were meeting Aqualad at. Miss Martian grabbed my arm and phased us through to the inside. We landed on the ground soundly and then ducked behind some crates as Reach and Light soldiers walked past us. 

"Where is he?"  she asked me mentally.

I glanced around the large warehouse, not seeing much except crates and soldiers. Then the front door opened. 

"Kaldur'am, this is unnecessary. None of the inventory need checking. The weapons inside the crates are secure." one of his assistants said to him. 

"I do not want there to be room for any error."  Aqualad said simply. 

"Then do not worry about such petty things. I would be glad to-" 

"I'll do it. Everything must be just right for the summit. I need these weapons handy in case anything goes wrong there." Aqualad insisted. The servant bowed and nodded, not saying anything else. Kaldur glanced around the room and spotted a tiny, seemingly insignificant little black dot on one of the crates that we were behind. The little black dot the I had put there for that very purpose. 

As he wandered toward us, I couldn't help think that everything was going to go as planned. He was going to do a simple pass of the flashdrive from himself to me, and I was going to place our intel in his hand. It was something that could have been done easily and without complication, you know, unless something happened to put a bump in our plan. 

Like Black Manta, Kaldur's father, walking in at the exact moment. 

"Kaldur, my son, the Light has requested our presence in a meeting. Come." The man said, putting a hand on Kaldur's shoulder and leading him away from us. 

"Aqualad, what now?!" M'gann shouted to him mentally. 

"I do not know. We will have to find another way."  he replied. 

"Maybe not." I told them, not giving away any of my thought, because otherwise, the plan that I was forming in my devious mind wouldn't be as believable. 

"YOU!" I practically shrieked. Everyone in the room turned to look at me as I jumped from behind the crates and advanced on Kaldur. 

"What is the meaning of this." His father said. 

Kaldur looked thoroughly shocked to see me. I don't think that he actually knew that I was there until I had first spoken. 

"Fox, what are you doing here? What is your business here?" 

"I'm here to avenge Artemis!! You sick, awful, horrible person! YOU KILLED HER!" I cried, leaping over his guards and giving him a hard punch to the face. 

Of course, I knew that Artemis was alive as well as he did, but no one else knew that. 

"She was your best friend!" I spat, giving him the most furious look that I could muster, giving him a hard punch to the gut, meanwhile slipping the flash drive into his pocket. Then I grabbed his hand and swung him around, sending him crashing into a wall, stealing the flash drive that was in his hand from him. Then I reached into my utility belt, slipping it inside for safe keeping while pulling out a batarang and aiming it at Kaldur just for show.