Chapter 36

Rosalind's POV

As soon as Clayton was gone a ache in my chest started to stab me. It feels like he is leaving again for five years, even when I know he's not.

Nicole turns to me, "C'mom, let's go do something fun!"

I stand and stare in the direction Clayton went, just waiting for him to come back.

"Ro?" Nicole asks. I look at her, "Yea sorry, I didn't hear what you said?"

Nicole sighs, "I know you miss him, but you need to trust that he will be fine without you for a few days."

I don't know if I'll be fine without him for a few days - this last week with him back made me so happy, I don't want to let go of that, not even for a second.

I turn and look at Nicole, "How do you go for a few days without your mate?" I ask her. My stomach begins to aches as I start to feel nauseous.

She looks down at the ground, "You don't really. I miss Ryker
and I'm actually going back to my pack tomorrow because of it."

"You're leaving tomorrow?" I ask. I don't want Nicole to leave, she's awesome.

"Yea, but I'll visit often!" She says smiling before grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the pack house.

When we get inside she brings me to Clay's office. I feel a little more comfort now that I can smell him, even though he's not here.

I close my eyes and inhale his faint scent while I can hear Nicole digging through some stuff.

"Hey Rose, look at this," she says. I open my eyes and see her holding a book.

"What's that?" I ask as she smiles.
"When Clay and I were young, he always had journals."

So this is his journal?

Nicole hands it to me and I open it, revealing the first page.
I start to read,

I found my mate today, she's not what I thought she would be. She's four, at first I was going to reject her, but then our eyes met and I couldn't even bare the thought.

I skip past pages and open it to the middle, that reveals when I was eight.

Rose woke me up at 4 this morning, I swear if it would've been anyone else I would've killed them right then and there. But it was my adorable little mate so I had to deal with it. I'd do anything for her.

I smile as I read what he writes. Nicole then says over my shoulder, "This whole journal must be about you!"

With my curiosity, I skipped to the first year of him being gone.

I can feel her pain, she's really upset that I am gone. Her feelings are overwhelming me with her depression and I want to go back to her, but I can't, not yet.

I then go to when he was gone for four years,

Only one more year until I can come home to Rose. Her sadness is just killing me! I want to go back so bad and let her know I am here for her, but I don't know if that'd be a good idea.

I then close the journal and turn to Nicole, "We should put this back. He probably didn't want us to read it in the first place."

Nicole frowns before she takes it from my hands and puts it back where she found it.

"I'm gonna go for a run with Alexa, Aiden, and Emma, you want to come with?"

I shake my head, "Nah, I'll pass, I'm not feeling well." I tell her as my stomach hurts.

"You okay?" She asks raising an eyebrow. I nod my head yes, "Yea, you know how people get homesick? I feel like I might be mate sick." I laugh slightly to lighten the mood before Nicole leaves his office.

When she is out I go up to Clay and I's room.
When I get to it I close the door and run to the bathroom, before I vomit into the toilet.

After throwing up a few more times I stand up and rinse my mouth with water. I look in the mirror and see my necklace Clay gave me when I was young, it says Rosalind.

I smile and leave the bathroom to lay down in his and my bed. I try and try to take a nap since I didn't get sleep last night I am tired, but I can't sleep. I've been laying here for about six hours and I just can't. I miss Clayton to much.

I try to mind-link Clay just to hear his voice,
'Hey Clay, how's everything going so far?'

I wait for what seemed to be a million years but he replies, 'Hey princess, everything is good so far. We are almost to the SnowMoon Pack.'

'How's everything going there?' He adds.

'Everything is still the same, except that you are not here.' I tell him. He answer back, 'I'll be home soon, stay safe, love you princess.'

'Love you too Prince.' I say with a small smile on my face. Just the fact of knowing he loves me makes me feel like I am on cloud 9.

The sun is now out and I didn't sleep at all. I look at the clock that reads 9:31.  I sigh and get out of bed, before heading downstairs.

When I get downstairs I see Emma, Alexa, my mom, and Nicole all standing by the door. They all look at me and Emma smiles,
"We were just about to go and wake you. We're leaving now,"

I frown, "Do you have to go so soon?" I ask looking at Nicole and Emma.

They both wrap me in a hug, "We'll visit every time we get the chance, even if we can only be here for 10 minutes." Emma tells me and Nicole nods agreeing.

I smile at the two as they say bye to Alexa and my mom before they head out.

My mom then turns to me, "Rose darling, your dad said he needs you to fill out some of Clayton's paper work. Your father would have Ace do it, but your the Luna." She smiles when she says Luna.

She then kiss my cheek before heading into the kitchen to make breakfast.

Normally I would be hungry, but I don't feel hungry at all this morning. I smile at Alexa before I head to Clayton's office.

His paperwork is so boring and hard! I hate this so much, how can he do this every day? I would die. No joke.

I lean back in the large chair and look out the window. I see Emma running as fast as she can towards the house, she is covered in blood. I quickly jump up out of my seat and run outside to meet her.

"ROSE!" Emma yells as she stops in front of me and she tries to catch her breath. Tears are falling form her eyes as I ask, "What happened?! Where's Nicole?!"

Emma starts to cry even more, but doesn't answer. I then ask again, "Where is Nicole?!"

Emma sobs as she says, "T-they, they killed her.."