Chapter 2

Tyler parked the car. He turned off the radio and handed me a Kleenex tissue.

"Here, Steph." He smiled. I swat his arm for no reason at all, faced the mirror and started cleaning the makeup off my face.

"There's my Steph back," He grinned, running his hands through his hair. "Now S, you tell me if anything goes wrong, okay? No one messes with my best friend before coming through me," He said, flexing his arms so that his muscles would be visible.

"You're such a dork," I rolled my eyes.

"I love you too, Steph." He laughed, opening the car's door and getting out of it. He opened the door for me and I got out.

"Come on, S. You're gonna rock it," He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You're so weird, Tyler." I chuckled. Some of his hair fell to his eyes and he bit his lower lip.

"And you're so pathetic. We make a great team. Now come on, let's go before we're late." He grabbed my hand, pulling me up to the school's entrance.

Tyler was popular. But also, he was a golden student. The teachers loved him and set him as an example for the whole school.

People were staring at us in a weird way. I always tried to ignore everyone's opinion about me, but it was different when I was with Tyler. I knew that everyone liked him and to people, I was just some random girl who was his friend. My worst nightmare was that one day, I got replaced by any girl. Was that we lost that rare friendship we had. Was that one day, a girl would sit beside him, make him laugh like I did, and that both of them would have a good time. I was afraid that one day he would forget me because he would be busy thinking about her. And that she would become so close to him that she would take my spot for good.

Because if someone else took my spot, there wouldn't be anyone to fill his.

"Here, Steph," Tyler announced, wrapping his arms around me in a silly way. "Here's your new classroom for the rest of the year." He grinned.

"Okay," I said, taking a deep sigh. "This is the time," I groaned.

"Woah," Tyler sighed, looking straight at the end of the classroom. "Who is she?" He asked, his eyes widening.

I twisted my head back to try to see what he was staring at. Until I saw what I saw. She was taller and skinnier than the map of Chile, brown hair and light green eyes.

She has giraffe legs, long and thin. Her eyes were like green circles with black dots in the center.

"Her?" I questioned, sarcasm dripping from mouth. "She's nothing extraordinary," I faked a sigh while looking at my nails.

"Are you kidding me? Holy shit, Stephanie. She is smoking hot!" He exclaimed, staring at me in disbelief.

Tyler never called me by my full name.

"Whatever, now go. You're gonna be late to class." I snickered, shooing him off from there.

"Get her number for me," He pleaded, trying his best to make a puppy face.

"No!" I exclaimed, making an engrossed face.

"Please, Steph. For me?" He whined, pouting.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine. But you're gonna be owing me, Scott." I growled, swatting him in the forehead.

"Love you too, S." He pouted. "Now gimme a kiss," He said, pointing to his cheek.

I rolled my eyes but planted a quick peck on his cheek. He smiled and walked away to find his classroom.