Two

"Wait, college? What?" Jack's eyebrows furrow and I scoff at his ignorant words.

God, he still looks good. I hate myself for still thinking that. He cheated on you. Get over him.

"Thank you for making me feel like I don't exist, bud." I sarcastically say.

He narrows his eyes at me, looking more lost and confused as ever. Does he not realize I'm about to blow up on him? The anger is literally eating me alive. I continue on as he just stares.

"I appreciate it and I'd appreciate it even more if you didn't act like you were better than everyone else you see." I blurt.

That burn was so fire, I swear people on the other side of the world felt hurt. Sam whistles through his teeth and Johnson mumbles something about how they're gonna be in the car.

I don't want to fight with Jack. I've got my life together and had some peace in it. I don't want him to ruin that. I want to make amends with him and not feel the tension rise between us.

"I don't act like that?" He tells me and I raise my eyebrows, letting out a laugh.

I also think that just because he has money, he thinks he can be cocky. Money does not give you the permission to act you're more superior than others.

"Sure." I drag out the word.

"Let's not make a scene." Jack murmurs quietly to me, stepping forward towards me.

"You're the one starting it." I snap, taking a step back.

"Me?" He asks in disbelief. "I'm the one starting this argument? All I ask was that you left to go to college in a different state and then you accused me of acting like I'm better than everyone."

"Whatever, Jack." I mutter.

I can't be all nice and sweet to him. Not after our history. I hop into the backseat of the car next to Johnson; why isn't Johnson driving if this is his car? I buckle myself in and shift in my seat to grab my phone from my back pocket.

So, it is true. He didn't know I left the state. I can't say that I'm happy about that because that made me feel like total shit. The least he could've done was congratulate me for getting into that college.

"We have much to catch up on." Johnson says, his voice taking me from my thoughts.

"That indeed." Sam lifts one finger up, still driving.

"Of course." I smile. "After I see my parents though. I'll drive to your guys' place afterwards."

They nod their heads, except for Jack, who's preoccupied on his phone. I want to kick the back of his head. God damn him.

"Where did you even go anyway?" Jack asks me and I snap my head up to look at him, but his eyes are still fixed on his screen.

"NYU." I tell him and that's when he looks back.

"Nice."

"My flight was exhausting." I complain, resting my head on Johnson's shoulder.

"I bet it was." Johnson says.

"Of course it's going to be exhausting flying across the country." Sam adds and then begins to turn up the volume. "This is my shit!"

"Sam, I'm gonna go deaf, bro. Turn it the fuck down." Jack says.

Jack reaches over without even letting Sam have a second to respond. Wow, he's not even that hype or fun anymore?

"Someone's a Debby Downer." Johnson blurts, making me laugh a little.