five.

"Bridget kissed you? She is still with Matt." Nick said. I tossed him a beer and sat down on the couch.

"Yep," I said smugly, "but she hasn't spoken to me in a week. It's only a kiss. I just didn't think she would stray from her golden retriever of a boyfriend so quickly."

"I honestly did not think this would be so easy right off the bat. You're ahead of schedule. We are only three weeks in and you have her questioning her parents and her boyfriend."

"The point is to make her feel alone, like she can't trust the people closest to her. A little questioning or doubt isn't nearly enough. Matt needs to fuck up. Maybe we can get him to cheat or something."

"Aiden, I know Matt. He wouldn't do that in a million years. Plus, Bridget technically already cheated on him with you, so him cheating would let them call it even."

Nick was wrong. I knew it would hurt Bridget either way.

"Where does Matt work right now?"

"He's works at Payco. Why?"

"Bridget was hoping her father would promote her to the portfolio head position. We need Matt to be the reason that doesn't happen."

"Now I'm thinking it may be easier to get Matt to cheat on her."

"Why not both? Alec Gallagher is looking for an assistant. We haven't technically hired in Kora at Payco. If we have her at Gallagher, we can have another set of eyes and ears on top of the cameras. She sleeps with Matt and advises Alec to promote him."

"Aiden, we can't ask her to sleep with Matt." Nick shook his head.

"Yes, we can. If she says no, then fine."

Three weeks went by without a word from Bridget, but I wasn't worried. Kora had been working at Gallagher Investments for two weeks, and Nick's expectations of Matt proved to be wrong. Matt was already falling hard for Kora's act.

Tonight was Gallagher Investment's annual auction dinner. Nick and I were going to have our hands full. Bridget was going to find out about Matt and Kora.

On top of the Bridget situation, we had another take down. Kelsey Allen was the first journalist that initiated accusations against my father using fabricated evidence that implied he was responsible for the shooting. She was speaking at the event tonight.

Kora decided to get ready at my house because, according to her, my bathroom is more "equipped" for getting ready for formal events. She came down the stairs in a black strapless dress that had a jeweled belt around the waist and high slit revealing her leg.

"Kora, you look beautiful." I said and kissed her cheek.

She pulled away and looked at me confused.

"You can't do that, Aiden. You can't act like my boyfriend." She said.

"A friend can't tell another friend that they look beautiful?"

"The kiss, though." She said as she fixed my tie.

"Don't flatter yourself. It was on the cheek. You kiss your grandparents no differently."

She blushed and laughed. Kora was truly one of the most beautiful women I had ever met. She exuded a confidence in herself while still seeming humble.

"Fine, sorry. We should get going." She settled.

"Are you having a driver take you?"

"Yes, he's waiting outside. I should go. Do you have any chores for me tonight other than Matt?" She asked with a smirk.