Silly Girls Fall In Love

Chapter 9

         I walked away from Darcy and his ex and headed for the bar. Thanking God for the bar and the handsome bartender that I was certain from the looks of it could make me a very appetizing drink to add to my buzz. I sat on one of the empty stools and smiled at the bartender as he was mixing a drink.

          "Hey." I said to him, giggling for no reason other than the fact that the alcohol that I had consumed was finally doing its job. I was definitely tipsy and that was just fine by me.

        "Hey, yourself." A smile directed at me while still mixing the customer's drink like a pro. He had such a nice smile that added to his overall gorgeousness, with skin the color of fine, expensive chocolate, his hair showing the waves in them, which accentuated the clean trim of his facial hair.

           This man, whose smile I was certain did lots of damage, definitely had a lot going for him, and with my buzz, I had no problem telling him just how appealing he looked. So with ease and a little slur, I told him he was cute which made him laugh out loud.

         "I could say the exact same about you." He answered before finally pouring the drink he was mixing into a glass and handing it to the girl next to me waiting patiently for it. I looked at her; she was all but devouring him with her eyes. And before I turned my attention back to him, I caught her licking her lips, and then she left.

         I turned back and asked him his name, trying to get comfortable on the stool, but only making it a lot worse. Tricky situation that was.

          "Andrew." He answered in his English accent I found so sexy. There was just something about that that did something to me.

          "Well, nice to meet you, Andrew. My name is Charlotte." I told him. "Can I ask you something, Andrew?" I said while smiling sweetly at him. "Can you make me a drink?"

           "Sure, what do you want?" He asked, already getting out a few things.

          "I don't know, how about you surprise me?" I replied and to which he simply nodded before getting out a tequila bottle. My man!

          So I sat there and watched him and before long, we were making small talks while he doing his thing behind the bar. I told him I really liked England, he said that the weather was terrible. I told him at least they had a cool accent, he answered that it was overrated, so I laughed at that, before he asked me if I were American. I nodded my head as a yes before opening my mouth to answer.

          "Yup, born and raised deep south. I'm surprised you didn't guess, with my accent and all." I added.

         "Oh I did, I just wanted to keep you talking, I like your voice." His reply right there would have made me melt faster than ice on a hot stove. I started laughing, and maybe blushing a bit.

          "Now Andrew, you're just trying to flatter me. I'm sure I'm almost incomprehensible at this point." I replied, which wasn't true per say. I've had been carrying a conversation with him after all.

          "No, you're fine." He handed me my drink. I took a little sip to taste, well aware that he was watching my reaction. A few seconds later, as expected, he asked me what I thought of the drink.

            To answer, I took a longer sip, licking my lips in the process. It was sweet but yet had a little kick to it because of the alcohol in it.

           "It's great," I said with the weirdest fake English accent I could come up with, which in turn made him laugh. "Now I'm starving so I'm going to go find something to eat." I told him getting up with my drink in hand.