23-♫- It Means A Lot To You

♫-Chapter-23

~*~

And hey sweetie
Well I need you here tonight
And I know that you don't want to be leaving me
Yeah you want it but I can't help it
I just feel complete when you're by my side
But I know you can't come home 'til they're singing

~*~

          “You’re such a prick,” I seethe angrily, slamming my thumbs down on the buttons of the game control.

            Zach chuckles evilly, expertly killing all my men in the game.

            “I told you to keep your gloating mouth shut,” he taunts me.

            I growl angrily, leaping to my feet the moment Zach’s soldier chops off my soldier’s head.

            Stomping my feet angrily, I throw the control at the couch, glaring at Zach, who leans back.

            Folding his arms behind his head, he smirks at me, laughing as profanities and curses flowed from my mouth.

            “You’re a cheater,” I accuse Zach.

            Zach chortles, popping a grape into his mouth and chewing thoughtfully.

            “You mess with the bull, you get the horns,” he reminds me.

            I fling myself to the couch, writhing and groaning theatrically to postpone the ‘loser’s punishment’.

            I mean what was I supposed to do when Zach challenged me? Now, there are many, many, many girls, who can beat guys at video games, however, I wasn’t one of them.

            “Hey!!!” I holler angrily, feeling Zach grab my arm, yanking me up into a standing position.

            “Say: Zach is the greatest person on earth,” Zach instructs me.

            I bite my lips together, fidgeting uncomfortably. I glance at the clock. It’s been an hour since Maria asked to talk to Teegan.

            They were both alone in a room for hours. Even though I knew I should trust Teegan, I couldn’t help but feel bothered.

            I mean, it was the beautiful Maria. Teegan and her had history together while I, I had nothing to offer.

            The vacation period was coming to end and we only had one week left. One week left until I had to return home, where Carmina and my parents were.

            One week until this blissful period ended. Who knows what would happen between Teegan and I after this vacation. Looking down slightly, my heart sinks.

            Tugging me out of my thoughts, Zach places a hand on my elbow, his concerned eyes glancing down at me.

            “What’s wrong? You weren’t having fun?” he asks me, serious. Guilt floods me in a torrent and I feel bad for Zach, who was trying everything to keep my mind off of Maria and Teegan.

            Smiling softly, I stick my tongue out at Zach. “It was fun…..”

            “but….” Zach prompts me.

            “This is so much more funnier,” I say smirking, shoving the pizza we left on the table in his face.

            Zach reels back, crashing to the floor and cradling the slice of pizza to his chest, pizza sauce dripping from his face.