Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Anger; that was the first thing I felt when I woke up. There was so much of it; blasting into me, all at once. I opened my eyes and looked around at the darkening forest around me. How long have I been asleep? I sat up and shook out my fur as rage began to consume me. What’s going on?! I demanded.

My wolf was pacing inside me. We need to get back. She said; growing more agitated. Why?! I asked as I began the run back to the house. We’ve been gone for a whole day! She said; answering my previous question. Why does it matter? I growled; the sudden anger I felt irritatingly confusing.

***

The moment I got to the edge of the forest outside the house, I immediately shifted back. I threw on the big shirt over my underwear and shoved my feet into my boots; rushing to the house as I did. I opened up the mind link and called out to Jen. Where are you?! She demanded; the message coming through the moment I let her in.

Outside; where are you? I asked as I threw open the front door. Jen ran out of the kitchen; still dressed in her pyjamas, and rushed over to me; grabbing me roughly by the shoulders. “Where have you been?!” She screeched; shaking me.

“I went for a run.” I said; prying her shaking fingers from my arms.

“For a day?!” She snapped. She ran a hand through the wild blonde hair that surrounded her face and it pulled back to reveal a gash on the side of her forehead. Before I could ask her about it, Ethan came barrelling down the stairs.

“Did you find her?!” He demanded; his eyes wild as he looked at his sister. Once he realised I was standing there, his head whipped around to face me. I saw the scratches on his bare arms; visible as he had on a short-sleeved shirt. I knew their wounds were recent ones because werewolf flesh didn’t take very long to heal; so they had probably been inflicted a few hours if not minutes ago.

Before I could speak, a loud crashing sound came from upstairs followed by the voice of a man I didn’t know, yelling, “Ethan!”

It was my turn to grab at Jen. “What the fuck is going on?!” I asked as I gripped her arm.

“The-” The sound of yelling cut her off. My wolf was hysterical now; howling and growling for no apparent reason. Somebody called for Ethan again; and he began to yell back, rushing up the stairs as he did.

I tried to run after him to find out what the hell was going on but Jen’s hand on my arm stopped me. “What?!” I snapped.

“You should know-” once again crashing cut her off. She looked up with an irritated look on her face. “Oh, for the love of-” before she could finish; something big rolled down the stairs; cutting her off yet again. I jumped out of the way as it flew towards us. My eyes widened when I realised that it was a shifter. “Shit!” Jen muttered; rushing to the guy’s side. She began to shake him. “Gordon, are you alright?”

The shifter shot up the same time his eyes flew open. He rubbed a red part of his forehead which he had smacked on the stairs on his roll down. “Yeah, I’m fine.” He answered gruffly.

“How does it look up there?” Jen asked as she helped him to his feet.

“Not good, most of the bedrooms are wrecked; we’re trying to stop him at his room.”

The anger hit me again; making me growl; the sound pulling their attention to me. “Somebody tell me what’s going on!” I snapped; narrowing my eyes at both of them.

The male shifter; Gordon, opened his mouth to answer me but thumping sounds alerted us of more shifters falling from the upper floor. He grabbed me by the arm and yanked both Jen and I to the side as three more bodies flew down.