twenty.

JACKET GUY:
You're on coffee duty from now on ;) I miss you immensely so I'll be picking you up after your shift xx

My smile quickly fades as a now caramel skinned curly haired girl clears her throat loudly from the other side of the counter.
"I'm sorry, how can I help you?" I utter as I quickly slide my phone into my back pocket. She was the only customer now, so I wasn't exactly slacking.
"I asked for a double shot of espresso. This only has one."
"I'm sor-"
"Just get me a new one, please."
"Right."
She walks back to her seat, leaving her drink behind, me being slightly agitated. There wasn't any reason to be so rude over something silly.
"Who's drink is this?" Brandon now enters behind the counter from the small side room attached.
"Hers," I sigh, grabbing a new cup.
"Oh. Hey, Olivia!" Brandon chirps louder for her to hear, her turning around and immediately smiling. Of course.
I note the double shot of espresso this time as she walks over to start a nice conversation with Brandon. Emphasize nice. Because when Brandon introduces me to her, I give her a small wave and soft smile but I receive an insincere lazy half smile. I tune them out after I hand over her new drink, him sipping on her old one. I decide to make myself useful and sweep, not feeling up to watching them flirt. It was like these last forty minutes of my shift couldn't come quick enough. Olivia finally leaves, saying goodbye to Brandon as he makes his way over to me.
"She's a regular," he grins stupidly.
"Really?" I act overly surprised, only because she kind of ruined my mood while Brandon never mentioned anything. Boys are always so oblivious.
"You'll always be my number one girl though," he laughs after he playfully winks at me.
"Ha."
"You're cute when you're jealous Gia, but we've got to start closing so I'm going to ask you to get over it."
It takes about thirty minutes of sweeping and restocking before we're about ready to go. I quickly let George know I'm off soon by text as Brandon sets a hot chocolate on the table in front of me, then sitting in the chair next to mine.
"You know what's weird?"
"What, Brandon?" I sigh. I didn't have much patience left for him and his endless chatter, but I held out anyway.
"How did we even manage to end up moving to the same country? That's bizarre."
"I know. Out of everyone I'm stuck working with you."
"You know you still have deep buried feelings for me, Giovanna." Brandon smirks.
"Whatever helps you sleep better at night, B," I softly laugh.
We sit in silence for awhile as the shops speakers softly play music. It's not until I hear the familiar drum intro that I perk up.
"I love this band," Brandon speaks up as he hums along.
"Me too," I smile to myself. If only he knew.
"Since when were you into this type of music?"
"Always have been."
"Okay, what's this band and song called?" Brandon smirks as if I won't be able to answer.
I set my phone in my coat pocket, now standing up and grabbing my hot chocolate.
"The City by The 1975. And that's their drummer." I nod my head over to the door as George enters the shop, Brandon's eyes immediately going wide, leaving him speechless for once.
"How do you- what?" Brandon stands too, his eyes flickering back and forth between me and George as he now stands next to me.
"G, this is Brandon. We went to high school together...unfortunately."
"That's weird," George chuckles.
"It's such an honor," Brandon nervously laughs as George grins back, holding out his hand for him to shake.
"You're a legend, dude. What kind of setup do you use?"
I sigh, as they go on about drum talk. After a few minutes as their conversation slightly dies down, I intervene.
"As much as I'd love to hear more about drums, a certain drummers girlfriend is very tired."
"Girlfriend?" Brandon raises an eyebrow.
"Sorry, love." George smiles down at me as he wraps an arm sound my waist.
"It was nice meeting you Brandon, I'll see you around."
Brandon nods and smiles, looking between me and George once more.
"Don't forget you're off tomorrow Gigi," Brandon calls out before we exit.
"Thanks, Brandon!" I call back before George and I are fully out of the store, walking hand in hand.
"He's nice," George lightly nudges me as we walk down the sidewalk that leads to his flat.
"Also very annoying," I laugh.
"So rude, Gia," he chuckles before he raises my hand that's intertwined with his to plant a soft kiss on it.
"Any guy who isn't you annoys me."
"Oh yeah? I'm that special?" He grins.
"Yes, G."
"I...I think that's a good thing."
I giggle softly, slightly curious how that sentence came out. It was like he began to say something else, but I brushed it off after awhile. Once we get back to his place, I quickly strip down to my t-shirt and underwear, huddling under the duvet on his bed. I lightly hum the tune to The City as George changes into his sweats. My eyes wander over every inch of him, wishing he was holding me already.
"I've missed you so much," George sighs as he crawls underneath the duvet with me, resting an arm over my waist as we are laying face to face.
"Me too," I smile, planting a quick kiss on his nose.
"Your lip looks better," he mumbles as he lightly runs his thumb over it then kisses me.
"Remember when you peed in a bush?"
"George," I half groan half laugh, "let's not bring that up."
"Okay okay, remember when you spilled milk all over yourself? That was cute."
"I was a mess," I softly laugh, "but cookies and milk sounds really good about now."
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" George smirks as I nod.
"Too bad I don't have any cookies."
"Ugh, you're such a tease, G."
"A tease?" He chuckles.
"Yes."
I smile as he runs a hand through my hair before placing a soft kiss on my mouth. He repeats this a few times until the kiss turns into a meaningful one as his hand rests in my hair while mine on his face. Mid-kiss he pulls away abruptly while I frown.
"That's a tease," he laughs softly while I pout.
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," he chuckles before continuing the kiss. In this moment I feel important. I feel wanted. I felt like we fit together perfectly from the way his arm wrapped around my waist to the way our legs tangled together perfectly. I slightly pull away to get some air but he gently pulls my face back to his, which makes me smile into the kiss. I love the way his hand trails up my shirt, and how he leaves goosebumps behind underneath each stroke of his fingertips that trail down my back. I get that warm feeling inside again as his hand softly plays with the seam of my underwear. He gently pulls away, studying my face.
"If you don't feel-"
I quietly shush him, guiding his hand to where it's been before. I wanted this. His touch was what I craved and that's exactly what I was getting. His lips find mine again, as I feel that same burning passion, but this time it's different, a good different. I can't quite place this feeling, but I'm not afraid as everything gets rougher, and I don't feel insecure when he explores every inch of me. In between the kissing and touching and soft sounds, the same feeling sticks with me. I think I love him.