Eleven (Part 1)

"Oh my god! It's like we were destined for each other!" Chloe joked over breakfast.

Lana smiled, "Okay! So, today I have to go to the grocery store. You guys coming or staying here?"

"Eh, I don't care. Chloe?" I replied, my mouth full of eggs.

"Rachel, quit eating with your mouth full! I thought you had some manners but I was definitely mistaken. So, you guys coming or not?" Lana asked before taking a big drink of orange juice.

"Chloe, you wanna come or stay here?" There was a silence. I looked at Chloe and she looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Hey, you okay?" Lana asked quietly while grabbing Chloe's hand.

"I forgot my foster parents put a tracking app on my phone! They're going I find me!"
I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine."

"I'm not worried about me, I'm worried that my foster dad with hurt you." Chloe said. This girl had been through a lot, it was obvious. But no matter what, I was going to help her through this.
______
Lana was on the phone talking to her co-worker Jennifer Morrison.

"Please just come over and meet her! She's so sweet." Lana whispered. A few minutes later Lana hung up.

"So?"

"She'll be here soon." I exhaled with relief. I looked over to a sleeping Chloe. Her brown curls laid peacefully on her face. What was hidden behind that smile?
_______
I sat in my 3rd period Books and Novels class staring boringly at the pages of The False Prince.

My reading partner leaned over to me, "You're really pretty, Rachel."

"Thank you, Nathan, but I have a boyfriend."

"What's his name? You know, now that you mention it I don't think I've seen you with any guy other than your brother."

"First of all, he's not my brother I don't even have a brother. Secondly, my "brother" is my boyfriend, Daniel." I said, placing the quotations with my fingers. Nathan just stared at me. I squirmed in my seat and quickly stood up. I walked over to my teacher's desk and leaned over so I could whisper to her.

"Mrs. Barros? May I go to library? I finished my book." I lied. She nodded and gave me a hall pass. I quickly walked out of the room and walked to Daniel's locker. The clock read 12:38, the time Daniel always met me at his locker. Just as I was about to head back to class, Daniel came bolting down the hallway.

"Rachel! Rachel!" He yelled. I turned around and smiled at his beautiful green eyes.

"I thought you weren't going to come." I said. He gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

"Alright, you better get back to class." Daniel whispered.

"But I want to stay with you." I whispered, gazing into his eyes.

"No, you have to go." He said, pulling himself off of me. I whimpered in protest and shuffled back to class.
________
The door opened and brought me out of my thoughts.

"Jennifer! You're here!" Lana said. I looked up an locked eyes with Jennifer.

"You must be Chloe." She said with a smile.

"Actually, no, that's Chloe." I said pointing to Chloe while she was still asleep.

"Oh, right. Well, then you're Rachel!" She said, pulling me into a hug.

"Nice to meet you." I said. I was a little overwhelmed with her presence. Jennifer walked over to Chloe and gently stroked her face. Chloe opened her eyes quickly and runs to my side.

"You're okay, Chloe. Uhm, this is Jennifer Morrison. She wanted to meet you." I said gently. Chloe looked terrified so I quickly grabbed her hand. She smiled slightly at Jennifer,

"Hi.." She whispered. She turned her face away from Jennifer quickly. She tucked her hair behind her ear and snuggled deeper into the couch. We sat next to each other while Lana and Jennifer sat across from us on the other couch.

"So, Chloe? What happened to your real parents?"

"I don't really know. They left me home with my babysitter and went away for a holiday with their co-workers' and never came home. I barely knew them when it happened." Jennifer looked like she was going to burst into tears.

"Chloe, would you like to stay with me for a few nights?"

To be continued..
________
AAAARGH THE FEELS! Please try to remember the flashback because it may have to do with something that will happen later in the story. After I hear back from @CaptainSaviour about something I will start on the next update. Don't forget to comment and vote!

Lots of love!

-LeAnna