Chapter#40

Mahnoor's POV:

I was woken up by gentle strokes in my hair. On opening my eyes I found Moosa staring into space, lost in his thoughts. His one arm was under my head and his other hand was stroking my hair. My both arms were wrapped around his torso, holding him tight as almost half of my body was rested upon him and he was lying so peacefully like I weigh nothing.

"Hey, you're up." I heard his soft voice, as I felt his hand brushing my waist slowly under my ... shirt?

Wide-eyed, I quickly left him to create some distance but his hand sneaked further into the shirt, as he gently pressured my spine and his other hand encircles my shoulders, crushing me back to his chest.

"Stay." He whispered, as his hand started caressing my back.

It may be because of his fever that was making his touch warm and leaving my skin hot, yet sensational... He leaned closer and nuzzled his face in my neck, his lips kept brushing my skin making me tremble in his arms. I didn't know what was these feelings and I didn't know what to do about it, but I was sure that if he doesn't stop now, I will go crazy.

"Stop." I breathed out when his other hand found its way under my shirt, slowly reaching to my chest.

Frozen as solid ice in my place, I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched his shirt tightly, I tried to calm the crazy heartbeats of mine but it didn't work.

"Noor... Stop being afraid of me." He whispered upon my neck.

"L-leave...me." My voice barely came out as a whisper.

My voice was starting to lose all of its protests as well as my body. Making me afraid of the day when it also betrays me as my body - Which reacts to his presence... his voice... his touch.
Suddenly, he left and backed away. I didn't open my eyes, too afraid that he would know what battle I was fighting inside me. After a few minutes, my eyes opened on their own on hearing the door closing. I sighed in relief and sits up, clenching my chest.

This isn't good...

My heart was still beating like crazy and my breathing still won't go normal when he enters back into the room with a serious expression and directly walked over to the wardrobe. Pulling out a grey-coloured Kurta Shalwar, he threw it onto the bed.

"Noor, press these please." He says, going into the bathroom.

"But I don't know how to press men's clothing." I said, looking at the closed door of the bathroom.

I might end up burning it, like Bhai's clothes...

Biting my lip, I slowly got up and pick up his clothes.

They are huge...

Pressing sleeves turned out to be easier than I thought, but the problem starts when I reach the collar of the Kurta. It keeps turning whenever I tried to press the back.

No wonder Bhai never asked me to press his Kurta!

"Kya hai...! (What the hell)" I screamed, making a ball of his Kurta and threw it onto the bed.

"What are you doing?" I jumped slightly when I heard Moosa's voice.

Without looking at him, I quickly grabbed his Kurta and start pressing it again. I know he saw me throwing it in frustration and I know he was coming over to me and I won't deny that I am scared. His mood swings are scary. It is impossible to predict what he is going to do next.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

"Kya hai...!" I heard Noor's scream when I stepped out of the bathroom. She made a ball of my Kurta and threw it onto the bed.