Song Bird (1).

×××

'I think we just made it worse.' Black Canary said as the heroes filed into the meeting room.

'Perhaps,' Martian Manhunter replied, taking his seat next to her.

'I don't know much about the girl, but she doesn't seem like someone who would give out information about herself.' The Arrow added.

'Yeah, I mean, she really got tortured and she said nada... According to her at least.' The scarlet speedster gave his own opinion.

'But then the questions is... Why did she give us all that information? It's not like we were that persuasive.' Superman took his seat at the head of the table.

'Nah, the real question is, how do we get more? She doesn't trust any of us anymore... Not that she did before.' Flash looked pointedly in Batman direction.

'We send Robin,' Batman said with a cool voice.

'What?' Diana asked. 'That's your plan!'

Batman held up his palm and pointed at the monitors that showed his protégé walking towards the room where Shadow was in. 'Yes, they are the same age and use the same wordplay. They are bound to get along, one way or another.'

Wonder Woman sighed. 'So we just have to watch and wait.'

'Precisely,' The Bat said, as they all turned to face the monitors.

×××
{Shadow}

Tap.

257

Tap.

258

Tap Tap, 259.

Someone's here, but who exactly?

I heard the door slide open. Head bent down, eyes closed, I smiled.

'You don't look like someone who's feeling the aster.' I heard the voice of the person I had the least expected.

My smile grew larger as I processed his words over in my head.

'Aster, the opposite of, dis-aster,' I mused. 'No, I'm not feeling the aster, heavy on the dis.'

I looked up and smirked.

'You—' He just stared at me.

I watched silently, pleased at his reaction as the key fell from his hand and bounced on the floor, rolling for a while before coming to a stop in front of him.

'Yes, me. My favorite song bird.' I smiled at his still shocked face.

'Sorry to disappoint you Robin, were you expecting someone with shorter hair, longer hair? Taller, shorter, blond?' I asked nonchalantly, kicking my legs out from under me and pulling my body off the bed.

'No, for some reason, when I think of shadows, your face is always the one that pops up in my head.' He said, bending down to get the keys.

I followed his every movement with my eyes. 'As flattered as I am to know that you think of me ever so often, there is something I need to know...'

He stood up and shrugged. 'Shoot.'

I grinned. 'Do you still have an affinity for explosives?'

He paled slightly, probably knowing where this conversation was going.

'I'll take that as a yes.' I raised an eyebrow, deciding to play with him for a while.

'I do not have an affinity to bombs.' We spoke at the same time.