Chapter 22- Dreamless Sleep

"Harry, I'm worried." The Gryffindor was wedged between the blonde's legs, back pressed against his chest. Draco petted Harry's hair and Harry stroked their intertwined hands with this thumb. Draco was just so warm, and Harry nudged himself deeper into his body. 

"Listen, I know my hair is a mess and all, but no matter how much I brush it or use a spell, it just won't neaten." Harry could feel him smile behind him despite he couldn't see his face. 

"What," he laughed. "No, I mean about you."

"Hm? Why?" Harry frowned. 

 "You fell asleep during Umbridge's class... again."

"Who wouldn't? She's the worst thing in the entire world."

"That's not my point," Draco wrapped his arms around him tighter. "You also fell asleep during Potions on Wednesday." 

"And? Snape is an arse."

"That also isn't my point," Draco bit his lip. Harry didn't say anything, but sat up a bit and turned his face so his eyes could lock with his. "Every date we've been on in the past month and a half, you've fallen asleep one form or another." 

Harry swallowed. "And? So what? I'm tired and you're like a pillow. You shouldn't be so soft."

"It's not just that you're tired. You look sick, Harry!" 

"I'm not sick, Draco."

"Bollocks! Your skin looks... well, bloody awful."

"Gee, thank's," he turned back to look at the lake. Harry sighed, knowing there was no way around this conversation. "Draco, I'm fine. Just stressed I guess. I think it has something to do with Umbridge. She's just stressing me out, and these O.W.Ls we have to get ready for. It's maddening."

"It's unnatural. A few mishaps is okay, but only being able to sleep, like truly sleep, around me is unhealthy." 

Harry knew that was true as well, but refused to even think about telling Draco about his dreams.

"Maybe....I don't know." Both Draco and Harry grew silent. Draco was still matting his hair when he suddenly thought of a near brilliant idea.

"So you can only sleep around me? Right?" The green eyed boy perked up at the sound of the enthusiasm in his voice.

"Yeah," Harry said curiously.

"Well than why don't you sleep with me?"

"What? Um Draco I'm pretty sure if I went even 10 meters away from the dungeons than I would be killed In the process. What happened to us being a secret?"

"I'm not saying you come in my dorm, idiot," Draco smacked Harry upside the head gently, but firmly, "I'm saying you and I will sleep out here."The Gryffindor took it into consideration but so many things could go wrong.

"What about my friends. They are already uptight you and I are both missing every Friday, let alone everyday!"

"We sneak out. Come on, if you can get to hogmede without a single turn of the head, you'll be fine walking in your invisibility cloak walking down the school grounds."

"Hmm but what about the weather?"

"We suffer. Come on I'm sure you've been out in the cold for long periods of time. We could get a heating charm."

"It could work...."

"Monday, Potter? 10:00?"

"Monday, Malfoy" their plans were set, they kissed goodbye and passed into the world as enemies once again.