Chapter 23:

Tara

"You need to bring your ass home to me and Sonny already." Dez said over the phone.

"I know I'm about to leave after I put the finishing touches on these new cupcakes I wanna try out with customers tomorrow." I said.

"Oh shit, a new cupcake flavor. What kind you making?"

"S'mores. Nya gave me the idea since you know her and Mari love anything S'mores flavor."

"You should bring me one or two or three." He said making me laugh.

"I will. I wanna see if you like it anyways. So if you do then I know they'll be worth trying them out to see how they actually do in the shop." I said.

"Ard, but still hurry yo ass up."

"I am, I am. Give me like thirty more minutes." I said taking the freshly made icing I sat in the fridge out. "You gonna give me a foot massage, because these pregnant feet something else."

"Yeah them things really is something else."

"Shut up!" I said laughing. "You're not suppose to agree with me."

"Nah, they coo since you keep them painted. They just be getting more and more swelled as you get further into your pregnancy, but they coo."

"Oh whatever. So are you going to massage them or what?"

"I thought pregnant people can't get foot massages?" He asks.

"No, remember I asked the doctor and she said it's perfectly fine just avoid certain areas.

"And how the hell am I suppose to know those areas? Hell no, I ain't even about to risk that shit."

"Ugh, well you can massage...." I drifted off thinking about it.

"The ass, ya boobs, pussy?"

"Shut up idiot!" I said as he laughed.

"My back, yup you can massage my back."

He sucked his teeth. "I guess I can do that for you since I've been on my nice shit lately."

"I know and I've been loving it." I said with a smile.

"Mhmm, I'm sure spoiled ass."

"What Zain doing? He surely quiet." I said.

"He in the living room glued to the tv playing his game."

"He'd play that 24/7 if we'd let him." I said rolling my eyes.

"You know the nigga would."

"Okay let me finish this then I'ma be home."

"Ard. Call me when you're leaving." He said.

"Mmkay, I love you baby daddy." I said being annoying.

He chuckled, "I love yo ass baby momma."

*

I secured the bag I had the cupcakes in before stepping out the front door and locking up. It was almost eight and getting dark out. I never stay this late, but for some reason I just really felt like trying new things in the bakery kitchen.

I pressed my unlock button to my car door as I unlocked my phone about to call Dez, but my phone was snatched from my hand.

I look up shocked to see Ashton was now standing in the front of me blocking my car entrance.

"Excuse you." I said trying to play it off knowing he scared the shit outta me.

"How you doing?" He asks.