24- Hot and Cold

"When'd you find out?" I ask.

"The sixth time I got drunk... but I knew specific details from childhood, too." Eric snorts. "Told you I'm screwed up."

No, Eric is not normal. He's amazing. He explained to me that while he's drunk he doesn't know what he does but he can recall every detail the day after. He said it was another disorder that has to do with his memory but he never wanted to get a diagnosis. The doctors in erudite acknowledged that he had an abnormal memory but Eric told them he didn't want to hear what it was.

"Wait, so you didn't know about the night..." I look outside, a bit uncomfortable. It was already 8:00
A.M. We've spent 35 minutes talking. He's told me about dauntless leadership and I told him about my mom and Kirone. Every now and again I pinch myself to see if any of this is real.

"No," he says quickly. "Honestly, I probably would do something like that. Take advantage of you while you were drunk." He clenches his jaw.

I glance at his hand that's holding a beer. He has callouses but I think it's manly and attractive. "What about the anxiety disorder?" He's been avoiding talking about what happened not too long ago.

"It doesn't matter, does it?" He looks away from me. I can tell by his tone that I've gotten on his bad side. He aggressively gets to his feet. "I should go see about the dauntless born initiates."

"But I think Four and Max have it handled," I say, feeling weird that I'm trying to get him to stay with me. His expression shows his annoyance.

"You think Four has it handled?" Eric scoffs.

"And Max," I retort, realizing where this is leading. Obviously, he isn't buying it.

"What's up with you and Four anyways? F*ck buddies or just close acquaintances?" He crossed the line with that one.

"We're nothing! What the hell is wrong with you?" This makes him get closer. I try to push away the fear that is starting to creep in my stomach.

"Everything's wrong with me." He exhales sharply. "You should go." He's expecting me to stand up but I don't. Eric raises an eyebrow. I roll my eyes and stand.

I step out and say bye. All I hear is the door shut loudly behind me. I scoff. Everything was fine and then, from one sentence, everything changed. I wonder if Eric is bipolar, too.
----------------------------------------------

"I haven't gotten the chance to talk to you!" Cece exclaims as she pulls me in a hug. I nod my head. It might only have been days, but with everything that's going on, days feel like years.

"What have you been up to?" She asks. I sigh. I'm going to have to lie.

"Not that much actually." She looks ready to say otherwise. "So what have you and Jared been up to?" I continue quickly.

Cece smiles and shrugs smugly. "Everything." I wiggle my eyebrows. She giggles like a little girl. "I'm just happy. Really happy." She looks down and plays with her nails. I wish was feeling like her right now. Happy. Really freaking happy.
----------------------------------------------

Later in the night, Cece and I decide to go to the bar. It's supposed to make me "feel better" from the crappy state she said I was in. When I step in, the closest table has Trix, Jared, Darin, and Jake standing with signs in their hands. There are at least twenty beers on the table.

"Congrats!" they yell. It takes me a second to read the signs they're holding.

----------------------------------------------

This was way crappy and short, and you guys deserve better. Sorry.

I've been working on another story through the tight time I have right now. Not sure if I will upload it though.

Thanks for reading, lovelies!!
-DL1