The Game of Temptation ~23~

Hey guys!

Well, bet you're liking this upload thing, huh? This story is almost over, and like I said, I've written most of it:P All I had to do for this one was write about a page intro before the rest of the chapter was inserted. 

I really hope some of you don't hate me for the end of this...

And I really hope you've liked the story... Keep in mind, after this there are two chapters and then an epilogue!

So... yeah. Hope you like the chapter! And I hope some of you don't hate me!

LOVE<3

Chapter Twenty-Three

~Ren~

Adam left with my sister, and even though he'd been a dick, I knew he was serious; he hadn't once yelled at me for kneeing him in the forbidden zone.

I didn't want to go back to studying, and I couldn't talk to Isa. Caroline had told me to wait for her to talk to me first, so I would. It wasn't going to be hard, right?

Except it was when I knew she was upset, and I knew I could make her feel better. I could make her laugh and be all good again.

I had to see her. Screw Caroline's advice, I just had to put on my shoes, and leave. Right now.

I heard three knocks, one after the other, and knew it was Isa. I didn't have to think twice to know it was.

I shoved my shoes off to the side, took a breath, and opened the door, ready to hug her if necessary. However, her expression stopped me. She looked... lost.

"Hey," she muttered.

"Hi. Come on in," I told her. I wanted to hug her, but at the same time she looked as though she'd break down at the wrong word.

"I know you want to know about the fight with Alex," Isa began.

Of course I did. I didn't tell her that, though, choosing instead to shrug. "You can tell me when you're ready."

Isa rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I know. But if I don't talk it out now, I never will. Besides, you were the one who taught me to talk it out, not just keep it in," she reminded me.

I smiled quickly at the memory. Those were such simple times...

"So,what happened?" I asked.

She sighed, taking a seat on my bed. I sat on Adam's bed, opposite her so I could see her face as she spoke.

"Well, it started yesterday morning. I called Alex because I realized how badly I've been screwing up over the past few months, and I wanted to apologize. But then he told me he really ditched me yesterday because of some bad brownies, and I just snapped. I mean, he's missing phone calls, and texts, and lying to me? And I can't believe I didn't figure this out earlier, but he answered the phone by calling me babe, then was surprised when he realized it was me." Isa stood up, clearly angry, and began pacing. "I know I've been a bitch, and I know I have no right to be pissed, but I am, Ren. I'm mad because he's lied, he's ignored me, and he..." She trailed off, slowing her walk too.

"We're different now. We've both changed so much, Ren. Who we are now is not who we were in high school," she muttered, took one glance at me, and without warning, she burst into tears.

I didn't think twice. I jumped up, grabbing her into a hug.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay!" I told her, wanting her to calm down. I felt her tears staining my shirt, but I didn't care. Maybe she hadn't been the best to Alex, but at the same time, he didn't seem to realize how insecure she was in that relationship. She was scared, he was just going about day-to-day, and Isa was now here, breaking down over him because...