~25 Keep Fighting👊

Bonnie stood at the Salvatore's front door with her fist mid knock. She couldn't decide whether or not to go through with this. She'd been avoiding Damon for nearly four weeks and she didn't know what to say to him. What was she suppose to say to the man that she'd fallen in love with but has no memory of ever doing so? "Just get it over with." she says to herself before lifting her hand to knock on the door.

Not even twenty seconds passed before the door was being opened, "Bonnie, I - I wasn't expecting to see you, well, at all." stefan says.

She forced a small smile,"I didn't think I'd show up here either, but I did." she says, "May I come in?"

Stefan stepped aside as she moved passed him and towards the living room, "He's not here." his voice sounded from behind her.

"Good, I wanted to talk to you first." she says before turning to him, "I trust Caroline but I need to hear it from your mouth."

"Hear what?" he questioned.

"Did I really...am I really...Damon?" she couldn't even say the words.

Stefan sighed and pulled her over towards the couch, "You want to know if you were really in love with Damon." he says.

She nods,"Yes, I need to hear you say it and then maybe I can start to try and understand how it happened." she says.

Nodding, Stefan met her gaze and held it, "It's true, Bonnie." he says softly, "You were in love with Damon and he with you."

Bonnie took a deep breath and let it out before getting to her feet, "How did this happen? How in the hell did I fall in love with...with...the likes of Damon Salvatore?" she snapped.

"Does it truly disgust you that much to know that you loved me?" Damon's voice sounded from behind her.

She quickly turned to him, her anger subsiding at the sight of his face. The look on his face could make even the coldest person swell up with tears, "How long have you been standing there?" she asked.

"Long enough to know you're wondering how you fell in love with the likes of me." he says.

Stefan took a step in his brother's direction, "Damon -"

"Don't. I don't want nor need your sympathy brother. I am well aware that Bonnie is no longer on the same page as I am. I can take a hint that I am not wanted." he says before turning his gaze onto Bonnie.

"You may not remember how we felt about each other but I do. I remember everything...the way you laughed, smiled, cried, the way you wrinkled your nose when you were mad, how much you love when people run their fingers through your hair and how you like to sleep on your back with your arms above your head." he says, shocking her at how much he knew about her. "You may no longer love me but I am still as deeply in love with you as I was the moment I realized how I felt about you." he says seriously, appearing before her.

"Damon." she warned.

"I love you, for more than you realize, and I'm not giving up on you...on us. I've gone far too long and through far too much to find the one person who I can be myself with only to lose her quicker than I found her." he says.

Bonnie searches his eyes and could see nothing but truth and honesty. He was being truthful, honest and he seemed to genuine feeling for her, "Damon I -" she didn't know what to say to him after all of that. Caroline had been right when she said Damon had changed, that he wasn't the huge jack ass he was when he first came to Mystic Falls. He seemed...calm, relaxed and caring. Yes, he was still cocky and big headed but not in his usual annoying way but in a...sexy way. 'Did I just say Damon was Sexy?' she thought.

"You don't have to say anything right now, I don't expect you to." he says cupping her cheeks in his hands, "I just want you to know that this isn't over...WE aren't over." he says before kissing her hair and disappearing upstairs.

Bonnie just stood there, staring off to where he disappeared. She'd never seen Damon so...determined about something before. Yes, he was determined to get Katherine out of the tomb and make Elena fall in love with him but she'd never seen him so serious before. He'd make jokes and snide remarks about getting to Katherine and making Elena love him but not once did he make any snide remarks or come off sarcastic OR cocky about not giving up on her. He was determined to get her back. "He's never going to give up, is he?" she asked out loud.

Stefan moved to stand beside her, "I don't believe he will." he says before glancing down at her, "He's found himself in you, Bonnie, something I believe he's been searching for his entire life. He's not going to let anyone take that from him...take YOU from him, not even yourself." he says softly.

Bonnie lifts her gaze to meet his, "What do I do?" she asked as she leaned against him, wrapping her arms around his middle.

Stefan wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hair, "Whatever your heart says." he suggested.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, "I knew you were going to say that." she says causing Stefan to chuckle, "I guess I'll have to start trying to get along with that mo - Damon."

Stefan rests his chin on her head, "Thank you." he says.

"What for?" she asked.

"Giving him a chance. You could just walk away and say forget the past but you're willing to try, something most people in your position wouldn't do given all the horrible things he's helped cause." he stated.

"I don't know but there was something in his eyes, in the way they he spoke to me that has me wondering about who this other Damon is. I guess I want to see the man I helped him to find." she says.

Stefan nods,"I am sure he appreciates that."

"He better. I'm taking a risk in getting to know him...again." she stated, listening to the sound of Stefan's heartbeat.

"I know." he says sighing, "I know."