Chapter 32: Class With Bane

Chapter 32:

Class With Bane

   I stared at the door to the Headmasters office. I swallowed hard and tried to remember off the top of my head what I was going to say, ‘Hey Headmaster Cross! Nice morning isn’t it? Oh, by the way—we found a werewolf outside last night and only decided to tell you now…’ Crap. I don’t think that’s going to work somehow…

   “C’mon Yuna, let’s get this over and done with.” Asuna mumbled angrily and gave me a gentle push in the back. I glanced at the lonely werewolf in human form, formally known as Bane. He was scratching his ears… was this such a good idea?

   “OK,” I replied hesitantly.

   I nudged the door slightly to see whether it was open or not. It was open and it creaked a little on the gentle push. I knocked after a few moments and peered inside. Headmaster cross was drinking tea at his desk and once he glanced up and saw me, a huge smile formed over his neutral face.

   “YUUUUUUNNNAAAA!” He cried placing one foot on his desk and leaping onto the ground right in front of me. I was taken aback by his sudden gleefulness. “How have you been? Are you feeling better?” He asked with a giant grin that came right up to my face. I felt awkward at his close presence.

   “Um… yeah thanks. I have something I need to tell you though.” I coughed loudly after that, “Last night we ran into a little trouble and saved this boy here.” I span and pointed to Bane who crept into view and stood in the doorway. He waved to the Headmaster with a cute smile and he waved back. A confused look grew over that large smile Headmaster Cross had before.

   “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” He asked becoming completely serious.

   I hesitated and Asuna stepped in to stand next to me, “We didn’t think it would’ve been the best idea to disrupt you in the middle of the night with a strange boy… and he’s not ‘Ordinary’ either…”

   I sighed but the Headmaster crossed his arms, “What do you mean he’s not ordinary?”

   I turned to look at Bane and he ran up to stand behind me. I nodded at him and he instantly changed into a white cloud of smoke and soon revealed his little puppy form. I bent over to pick him up and he licked my cheek.

   “He’s a werewolf. I don’t think you would’ve liked to have been woken up with this news somehow. Don’t be angry… we were thinking of—” I almost had finished my speech when Kaien latched out and grabbed Bane. I jumped back and watched as he squeezed the pup tightly with a huge hug. Bane looked very confused.

   “You are adorable! I can’t remember when the last sighting for werewolves was but you are just amazing!” His cheeks were going red and Bane looked a little breathless.

   I began to laugh and so did Asuna softly. Kaien stopped and turned to us again.

   “Werewolves don’t get along with Vampires. How come he came into this territory?” Kaien asked looking suspicious. We didn’t want to tell him that part.

   Bane transformed once again leaving white smoke around the room; I quickly grabbed his pants and handed them to him before the mist cleared.

   “I can answer that!” He called out with one arm in the air.

Both me and Asuna sat outside the Headmaster’s office. Kaien wanted to talk to Bane privately about why he came here; probably wanting to know all the details about the Pure Blood Vampire… the one that killed Terra.