Chapter 48

(Please read the Author’s Note at the end I have a couple of things I need to say!)

Chapter 48?

My eyes grew big as I stared at what was in front of me. Mason shot me a cheeky grin, as he shook his head, trying to get rid of the wetness in his hair.

“Are you going to invite me in?” He asked over the sound of the pouring of the rain. I flinched at the sound of his annoying voice, mentally debating on whether or not I should slam the door in his face. My fingers curled against the side of the door, about to shut it when I heard Marcus’ voice.

A couple seconds later, Marcus was in view, standing next to Mason, a smile on his face.

“Hey Valerie! Sorry we didn’t call, but I needed to talk something over with you, and Mason wanted to tag along. Mind if we come in?” He asked sweetly, having no idea how much I really disliked Mason.

Mason cocked his head to the side, his eyes trailing my body, “It’s actually funny how fast I got you wet.”

My eyes bulged out of my head as a small squawk left my lips.

“You didn’t do this.” I stated pointing towards my drenched clothes, “The rain did.”

He raised his eyebrows up at me, rolling his eyes, “Sure it did, now let us in.” He stated as Marcus let out a small laugh. After much more debating, I moved out of the way, letting Marcus and Mason in.

“Hey Valerie, who is here?” Taylor asked as she walked out of the kitchen along with Niall, and Josh.

“It’s Marcus and his friend Mason.” I stated awkwardly gesturing over to the two lads.

I looked over at Niall whose facial expression was tense, worried almost. It was then I realized that I hadn’t ever mentioned to Niall that Mason is my step brother’s best friend.

“Well hello, I’m Taylor.” She greeted sticking her hand out to shake.

Marcus gratefully took her hand, “I think we met at the cabin?”

Taylor nodded eagerly, “Yeah, I remember! I called dibs on you cause all the other girls have boyfriends!”

I mentally face palmed myself. You know that thing that people have in their brain that tells them not to do or say something? Yeah, Taylor doesn’t have that.

“Right.” Marcus laughed awkwardly.

Taylor turned to Mason as she placed her hands on her petite hips, “And who are you? What’s wrong with your hair? You need a haircut. How many tattoo’s can you possibly-”

“Can I pay you to shut up?” Mason asked rudely with a roll of his eyes.

“Sorry don’t mind him he’s-” Marcus started but was soon cut off by Taylor’s gasp.

“Aw bitch hell no. Are you going to walk up into my home, my home and talk to me like that? This ain’t no picnic so why don’t you pack up all your rudeness and get your sorry ass out of my house? I will slap those piercings right of your face!”  Taylor screamed letting the inner ghetto inside her out. She tried lunging for Mason, but Josh quickly grabbed her by the waist and threw her over his shoulder.

“Hey! Let. Me. Down!” She screamed pounding against Josh’s back. Josh sighed, a small smile on his lips.

“I’m just going to take her upstairs.” Josh stated awkwardly adjusting Taylor on his shoulder.

Taylor let out a strangled yelp “You just touched my ass!”

“Sorry.” Josh mumbled giving us a salute and trudging up the stairs in desperate plea to get Taylor away from Mason before she pounds him to death.