CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Nathan held me in his arms for the longest moment.

His hug was mending everything broken in me.

It was exactly what I needed. Even after coming home from the hospital, I still didn't feel complete. It didn't feel right to come home without Nathan. It didn't feel right that I hadn't seen him or spoken to him after what happened. I went on pretending that I was fine but I wasn't. I loved Nathan and I didn't want to be without him anymore. I thought I had lost him and I didn't. Now, he was here with me and he was holding me tight and I finally felt that hole in my chest be filled. I was starting to feel like myself again.

"We should probably get out of Rachel's room," I finally broke the silence.

Nathan's chest vibrated under my cheek as he chuckled. "I guess we should."

I pulled away but reached for his hand. "Come on," I said then pulled him out of the room. I checked the hallways first and then pulled him into my room. I locked the door behind me.

"I'm supposed to be on duty," Nathan said looking at me with an amused expression on his face.

"Technically you are under my service," I said making him laugh. I smiled at him. "Lay with me?"

"Well, you are my boss," He grinned. "Just following orders," He said shrugging.

I smiled then laid on the bed. Nathan laid next to me, putting an arm around my shoulders and pressing himself closer to me.

"I missed you," I whispered.

Nathan kissed my cheek. "I missed you too. You were all I thought about for the past months."

I turned my head so that I could look at him. "Where did you go? After they cleared you at the hospital?"

"With my friend, Jared," He looked at me. "Him and Jenny, his wife, helped me get better."

I looked away, feeling sad again.

It should have been me.

I turned so that I was laying on my side. Nathan's arm went around my waist and I felt him kiss the crook of my neck. "You should sleep," He whispered.

I closed my heavy eyes, I was tired but I didn't want to sleep.

I missed him so much and he was here, I didn't want to waste any second.

"I'm not going anywhere, Hannah," He said as if reading my mind.

I smiled. "Okay."

When I opened my eyes, I was alone. So much for not going anywhere, I thought when I realized Nathan wasn't in the room.

There was a knock on my door and I realized that I hadn't woken up by choice.

I was pulling the comforter closer to me when the door opened.

"Hannah."

I blinked a few times. "Mom?"

"Good, you're awake," She said walking to the windows and pulling the curtains open. Bright light came into the room, making my eyes hurt. "We're going to go Sandy's for breakfast. Hurry up and change," She said then walked out.

I groaned. Sandy's was my dad's favorite restaurant for breakfast. We had been going there from time to time for years. It had become a very public place though because the cameras had followed us the last time we went there.

I didn't really want to go but I didn't want to stay in the house alone. So, I got out bed and into the shower which helped me wake up. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and changed into jeans with a green sweater and my black and white Vans. As I walked down the stairs, I searched for Nathan.