Chapter 39 - The Second Strike

Sometimes I wish I could just find a quiet place and write. Its usually loud and hard to concentrate where I am. There's always something making noise. Its getting pretty frustrating. Anyway enough ranting. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments and support thus far, they make this all bearable haha. I wish I could reply to you all but for some comments I can't see what you are quoting (since I'm on the web version of Wattpad).

Keegan's POV

"This is it." I said, gesturing to the small building across the street.

"Looks pretty old." Terra shrugged. I actually find it pretty cozy and comfortable looking. Chloe was the first to cross the street. I guess she was quite hungry.

The bell shook as we entered the diner, drawing Sandra's attention.

"I didn't know you were coming today." She said in surprise.

"I'm bringing in customers." I chuckled.

"You work here?" Erik asked.

"Yeah, only during week days though." I answered.

"No wonder you brought us here, its all part of your business scheme." Terra eyed me with a judging look.

"No I honestly recommend the food here, plus its the closest diner around, so its a win win." I clarified. I couldn't drop my smile the whole time cause Terra was holding her hips with the same look on her face.

"Mhm." She said before turning around. Erik was admiring the interior of the diner, while Chloe had already taken a seat, ordering her meal. Me and Terra joined her. We got tarts, pie, and burgers. Terra skipped the burger since she said shes trying to watch her calories. I guess Chloe was one of those people who could eat without worrying about their weight. Erik joined us a couple minutes later getting the same stuff as us.

"Its a shame you don't sell hot pockets or chipotle." Erik said, disappointed.

"You kids don't need that stuff anyway." Sandra responded. "Micheal's been wanting burritos on the menu though, so I'll consider it."

"We better come back then." Chloe said hastily, with her mouth half full.

"Now that's good business." I said to Terra. She smiled and rolled her eyes.

We talked awhile after eating, but the sun began to set, so they really had to get going since they lived two towns over. We said our goodbyes and I waved them off when we got out to the parking lot.

I stood there, realizing I had no idea what I wanted to do. I had no plans for the rest of the day. Boy, what I wouldn't give to be with Theo right now. He's probably busy doing something right now.

I contemplated on calling him, pacing back and forth down the street, but eventually decided against it. I'm not usually the one to initiate those kinds of things so I don't want to come off as desperate, or annoying.