tbs birthday imagine

(y/n's POV)

Thomas is coming home soon, I hope the casserole I put in the oven will finish cooking before then.

I wanted to cook something special for Thomas's birthday and my mother used to make casserole for my birthdays. I just want to make his birthday really special for him.

*ding* I rush over to the oven, still nervous it won't be ready for Thomas.

When I open the oven, smoke comes barreling out, filling my kitchen.

After catching my breath and waving most of the smoke out of my eyes I take out the dish. As soon as I see it, I feel like bursting into tears. It's burnt to a crisp, way beyond repair.

This is just great, I've ruined Thomas's birthday. I don't know what I'm going to do.

(Thomas's POV)

Immediately as I walk into the door of our house I smell something burnt.

I head towards the kitchen. The room is disheveled, pots and ingredients spread around. Y/n is sitting on the counter, a dish is next to her.

When she sees me she looks up and jumps off the counter. She runs over and hugs me.

"Happy Birthday! I'mreallysorryitriedtocookbutIcouldntsoihaveabackupplanbutimsorry-" she's speaking so fast I can't understand her.

I quiet her down by kissing her. Pulling away, I say, "woah, slow down. I can't understand you."

She sighs then says, "I tried to cook, but I burned it a little bit." Y/n shows me the burnt food and laughs. "I ordered pizza."

"My favorite. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. I love you, y/n."

"I love you too."