9

I don't want this!
You volunteered!
They took me from my family!
I want to go home!

"This is your new friend." Strucker pushed a younger Pietro and Wanda into a room.

The room was bare apart from three metal bed frames, with a blanket on top, and a small girl. She was no less than a year younger than him. She had flaming red hair and electric blue eyes. She was fair and sported multiple bruises and cuts. She had a plain long shirt on, that for her was so large it reached her ankles.

Strucker then closed the door and left.

The three children sat in silence not looking each other in the eye. Tears streamed down the younger girls face. She wiped them away with the rough shirt she was wearing. Sniffling her nose she looked at them and forced a smile on her face.

"Yay... New friends... What's your names?" She faltered, speaking barely in a whisper.

"I'm Pietro... And this is my sister Wanda." He gestured to the girl at his side. He sounded confident, cocky and his accent far too strong for his age.

"Who are you?" Wanda smiled at the girl leaning forward.

"I'm... A-Alice..." She stuttered, "Are you here to become enhanced too?"

"You volunteered as well?" Wanda asked surprised to hear the girl ask such a thing.

"Strucker said we were the only two." Pietro finished.

"You volunteered for this. I was taken..." That's all the girl said for the rest of the day.

~~~

"We will begin your enhancements today. Be ready." Strucker cooed through the door, "The younger one goes first."

Alice, Pietro and Wanda were now five years older. Making Alice 16 and the twins 17. The three of them had gotten along very well through the past five years. Trusting each other, and talking more. Alice was still quiet and upset. She hadn't seen her family in five years. When Wanda had fallen asleep, Pietro would stay awake to comfort Alice. He told her about how their parents had died in the bombings, and tried to keep her happy by telling her funny things from when the twins were younger.

Alice was very strong. In the time they had been together, there was once many a times when Wanda or Pietro would get in trouble. The punishment for trouble was severe and resulted in a hard beating. Alice would stand up for the two of them and claim responsibility for the trouble they had caused. She was beaten at least six times a week. Pietro remembered one time when he was about to be whipped but Alice kicked the H.Y.D.R.A man in the leg, keeping Pietro safe. She was beaten very hard for that.

Over time, Alice had opened up more to the twins. She was very funny and arrogant. She was also very sarcastic and witty. More than a few times their personalities clashed into very thick arguments or fights. Over time, Pietro felt very strong feelings for Alice. Feelings he didn't know how to explain.

~~~

Two days after being taken for one instalment for the enhancements Alice returned to their room. Though by then Alice was convinced it was a cell. She sat down on her bed frame exhausted from whatever she had just been through.