a. three

"I need your help with..." a deep breath and a moment of silence, before the bushy haired second year spoke once more, "well, you're good at Potions, right?"

"I suppose," Sawyer replied, trying to ignore Meeko's clawing paws. 

"And you know what is it that hides in the Chamber."

"How should I know that?" Sawyer dismissed, though the answer was nagging at the back of her mind. She made an effort to push it away, in case- however unlikely that was- that the girl in front of her knew how to perform Legilimency. Hermione Granger furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thoughts.

"How can you see other people's deaths?"

"W-what?" Sawyer fluttered, alarmed at the girl's statement. How could this girl know she was a seer? 

"You really can!" Hermione's whole face lightened up as she clapped her hands happily. "Oh, that's fantastic! Can you also see the future? I've read a lot about seers, but there are rarely any living ones, not to mention ones with an affinity to death!"

"Hey, that's not true," Sawyer frowned, before she shut her mouth, "okay, maybe it is."

Hermione's face stayed in that stupid smile for a while as she looked at Sawyer with a new- found hope. "Hey, kid, is everything good?"

"I need your help with finishing the Polyjuice potion."

"What?"

"Polyjuice potion," Hermione repeated, nervously chewing on her lower lip. "Oh, please Sawyer! I think I've done something terribly wrong and you can help, not only with that, but with what it is that hides in the chamber!"

"Slow down, kid--"

"Come on, Sawyer! We have to hurry up!" the girl exclaimed, gripping the older girl's forearm as she tugged on her arm, "we've been at it for so long-- it's nearly ready, I cannot afford to mess it up!"

Meeko let out a whiny meow, and with a sigh Sawyer replied; "I know, Meeko, the spiders."

"Alright, so it's actually a great potion; you just had to add t--"

"Oh, it's you again," a whiny voice called, making Sawyer stand up warily. 

"Myrtle."

"Sawyer."

"You two are familiar with each other?" Hermione questioned, looking between the two girls glaring at each  other.

"Unfortunately," Myrtle stated bitterly, "don't we Wilde?"

"Oh, quit moaning, Myrtle, maybe then someone would stand you." A loud moan escaped the dead girl's mouth before she escaped through a stall.

"That was mean." Hermione said, a small pout decorating her lips as she frowned.

"What's really mean is her making me see her death every morning."

"W-what?"

"Hermione!" a voice called, and into the bathroom sauntered a red haired lanky boy, "is it ready-- oh, excuse me, am I-- oh, I'll just..."

"It's okay, Ron," Hermione said, making the boy stop his feet from shuffling away. "She knows, helped me with the potion. It's ready."

"Oh, great!" Ron walked towards the two girls, sitting down and offering a hand for Sawyer to shake. "I am Ron Weasley, you?"

"Sawyer Wilde."

"What year are you at?" Ron asked, "I don't think I've seen you before."

"Third," she grinned, and both Hermione and Ron tensed up as the door opened slightly, but when they saw it was just a cat, they relaxed considerably. "Hey Meeko," Sawyer greeted, "where were you?"