23

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Little Ger

AROUND 2 am, my phone started ringing, jerking me awake.

Who the hell would call at this hour?

My hand lazily reached out my phone from the side table.

"What?" inis kong sagot sa tawag saka ako naghikab.

There was a slight pause before a husky voice said, "Hi."

I bolted upright, knowing whose voice was that. There's no need to ask who the hell he was because I recognized his voice very well.

"How did you get my number?" I growled in frustration. I was avoiding him for Pete's sake and now he's calling me! Well, I really didn't avoid him. I had actually thought of him almost every day, but that didn't change the fact that I was annoyed with his existence!

"Relax, little Ger. We need to talk."

"Stop calling me that. I have a name!"

"I know."

"Do you not sleep? Why are you calling me at this hour?" masungit na sabi ko.

"Because you'll probably get mad and I really loved the idea of that."

I immediately rolled my eyes the moment he said that. Gustong gusto niya talagang iniinis ako. Hindi pa rin siya nagbabago.

I haven't seen this day coming; him calling me over the phone. We weren't that close or anything. To me, he's just a jerk and a former classmate.

"Now talk," I demanded, because I badly wanted to go back to sleep. Kailangan ko pang gumising mamaya nang maaga para tulungan 'yong student council sa pag-organize ng Christmas Ball.

"About my brother . . ." panimula niya.

Natahimik ako nang sabihin niya iyon.

"Gusto ko lang malaman mo na bago siya lumipat sa De Grande, he had a life here in Belle Ville."

Napataas bigla ang kilay ko. "And why are you telling me this?"

"Because he's probably missing the life he had here in Belle Ville. And only you can lead him back here."

"Sorry, what? Bakit ako? Ilang araw niya na nga akong hindi kinakausap. Tapos lagi pa siyang nagagalit at naiirita sa 'kin. Hindi ko siya maintindihan."

Mahina siyang natawa. "Hindi mo pa siguro 'to alam, and hindi niya rin alam mismo sa sarili niya, but I'm hundred percent sure that he's in love with you."

I scoffed. "Cringe."

He took a sharp intake of breath. "Excuse me?" he said in outrage. Okay, now he's definitely back. The hot headed and short-tempered Dest Guatamyel. Hindi pa rin talaga siya nagbabago.

"How would you even know if someone's in love when you, yourself, don't know how to love?" I argued, raising a brow as if he could see me right now.

"Are you flirting with me, little Ger?" He laughed at the thought.

"W-what?" I scoffed in disbelief.

"It sounds like you want to be loved by me. Did I get that right?"

I growled in frustration. This guy was really so full of himself! Grabe! Walang palya. Ganiyan siya palagi sa 'kin lalo na no'ng kaklase ko pa siya!