IWDTLY (A Draco Malfoy Love Story) ... 30 -Part 1-

To all those who it may concern or perhaps those who it may not: I had to work today, actually, I had to work every day this week. Waitressing for old people is officially the weirdest job ever. I mean, it’s not my birthday old lady, don’t go telling me it is. And no, the floor is not wobbling ma’am, it’s perfectly solid. And don’t forget the lady who is allergic, but actually not allergic, to tomatoes and had us redo her entire meal for fear of hives. But on the plus side, my feet kill and I get paid minimum wage by the hour! I finally got my butt into gear on writing on this, too. I’ve been neglecting it because of editing issues for Ruling: My Disguise, which has been collecting virtual dust for a long time, and earning my much needed spending money so my mother doesn’t say, “You could work here, wouldn’t that be fun?” whenever we walk into any civilized store.

I Was Dared to Love You (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)

Chapter 30: My Speeder Rocks This Boat

-Part 1-: Can’t Believe It’s Not Summer

            After hulling each and every sled and body up the hill, we each took turns commenting on the sheer size of the hill. My breaths were huffing themselves out of my lungs while I blurted, “It’s kinda like a giant boob,” on accident. Devon instantly nodded and incoherently said something about it being Monster Hill’s twin. Gavin was jumping up and down with excitement and Draco ran his hand through his hair too many times to count. How he was able to keep the hat on while doing so, is a mystery to me.

            “WOOOO!!!!” my idiotic brother screamed as he ran forward and flung his body on the sled. Landing with a loud ‘oof’ and a high pitched yell of thrill, he went down the hill. As he was nearing the bottom, Devon lost his grip on the edges while spinning in a fast spin, throwing his body completely off. It would have been fine, if it weren’t for the body named Gregory, my brother would have landed in the fluffy snow. But no, there was a body named Gregory standing with two circular sleds in my brother’s flying zone. Gregory, he prefers Greggie (okay, I lie, he hates Greggie), flings the two snow toys in the air and gets tumbled into. Greggie likes Devon, which I find totally and indescribably gross, considering my brother is such a lazy ass, sexist pig, but hey. Whatever tickles his pickle. What Greggie doesn’t know, is the huge crush my brother has had on him since they met in preschool. So … like twelve-to-thirteen years of his unreasonable crush. My brother is really dense. I mean, I can feel Greggie’s blush all the way from here. Then again, Greggie is pretty dense for not seeing how much damn time they spend together, all the time Devon sets up in his bedroom. Devon repeatedly invites the poor cutie over to have intense gamer nights, which are not really what he has in mind for his night. If you get my sex stench filled drift.

            I see an intensely red face pop up from my brother’s chest. Greggie’s familiar dyed blue hair is sticking up in strange directions as he sputters and spits snow from his mouth. He gives his regular three fingered wave and the cute here’s-a-half-smile-for-embarrassment’s-sake appeared on his face.

            “Gregory baby!” my idiotic brother shouts as he again shoves himself all over Greggie’s body. This ‘manly’ hug they gave each other was actually an excuse to grope, but hey. I’m not judging.

            “Dev hunny!” Greggie shouted back with a little less enthusiasm. Greggie was actually a pretty quiet guy. The only thing he ever did for attention was dyeing his hair blue, and I mean blue. Like sky, in-your-face, baby-frickin’-blue blue. It was a complete contrast to his brown eyes, which he got from his mother just like Gavin did. In a way, he was the odd ball.

            “—let. Violet! Are you listening to me?”

            Damn, I zoned out.

            “No, Gavin. I never listen to you,” I mutter back, leaving him shocked for a moment.

            “Dang, babe. You sure are feisty today, aren’t you? Now come on! Get on my sled!” If he were like six years older, didn’t still have baby fat left over, and wasn’t so cocky, I might actually accept that perverted offer. And yeah, I heard the whole ‘Get on my sled!’ comment as the perverted Gavin meant it as. The sad thing was, was that he learned it from Greggie. As much as I liked Greggie, he was a huge pervert when it came to sexual innuendoes. Devon grabbed the blue haired boy and began egging him up the hill. Big hill was a of course, big. As in, it takes you a good five minutes, several pants for air, and an intense leg muscles stretch to get up it. Sometimes, when I was a kid, I would stretch before begin the long trek up the incline. The neighbors, Mrs. and Mr. Davis, probably would have thought it weird, had they actually installed those video cameras as they had threatened to. If they had, Devon would have dared Gavin and Greggie to moon them … in the daylight. And then go skinny dipping in the Jacuzzi on the back deck.

            Huffing a bit out of my internal babble, I grab my Speeder and yank it to the edge of the hill. A tug on my jacket sleeve made me look away from the too steep slope. Draco stood there practically twitching with nerves. A sheen of sweat was dripping down his temple, a panicking look was gleaming in his eyes, and his lips were taunt into a thin line. All in all, I thought he was about to blow chunks all over my parka. I mean, his face was oddly pale and he kept grabbing his stomach with his gloved hand.

            “Yeah?” I whisper, worried about my perfectly clean parka becoming a barf-a-palooza. Glancing back over my shoulder, I see that Devon and Greggie were nearing the top. If anything, I wanted to be away from the awkward glances and not-so-hidden touches. You think they would have started dating by now. Or at least made-out once or twice behind some abandon this-or-that building.

            “C-can I go with you?” His eyes widened as he realized how much a wimp he sounded like. He had stuttered. He, Draco Malfoy, had stuttered. He, the big bad pureblood who had been suspected of being a Death Eater, which was a job that consisted of killing and forbidden spells, had stuttered like a little kid scared to go on the big kid slide.

            And to be perfectly clear, it made me kind of giddy inside.

            It made him seem like … well, like a muggle.

            Like a normal person, doing semi-normal thing, with not-quite-normal people.

            This simple fact made me grin like an idiot. Flashing everything but my molars at him, he weakly smiles back, clearly thinking he’d done something wrong. “Sure, blondie. You sit in back though, since you’re heavier than me,” And because I want your arms around me. “Plus you would probably steer us into the fence or something,” I chirpily stated around my smile.

            Before I could process anything, a pair of long arms wrapped themselves around my waist and a blonde tuff blocked my view of the world. “Thank you, thank you, thank you,” was chanted into my ear and tight, continuous squeezes came from the arms. My whole body instantly ignited in a sudden heated frenzy. A burning in my waist told me exactly where Draco’s hands and biceps were, a tickling sensation of pleasure signaled where every strand of his wheat hair touched me, and lastly, the fluttering pinpricks of eyelashes on my flesh pulsed through my veins telling me how close Draco’s face was to my neck. This heat, this … too comfortable warmth was sending strange messages to my brain telling me to do bizarre notions to Draco’s chest, lips, and—Merlin forbid—his ass. In the end, I had completely forgotten that it was winter time at all and that my cheeks were flushed from something other than the cold. It felt like summer time, with blistering heat and sweats that no one could control.

            I felt hot.

            This searing moment happened in a short forty-five second session.

            Draco, what the hell are you doing to me?

 =======

Hope you liked it!

Comment, Vote, and Fa-han?

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess