Chapter 15

Casey's POV

Here's a tip, don't watch Age of Ultron when you are already sad about getting in a fight with your best friend.

I was sitting on my bed staring at the TV with dismay.

"You didn't see that coming?"

Bam!

Here comes the tears.

Every freaking time this movie gets me. I threw my whiteboard against the wall when he fell to the ground.

So young...

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

Who's interrupting my mourning?

I sighed and walked to the door of my room. I swung the door open and looked at the person.

Derek.

I tried to slam the door shut but his hand stopped it.

I looked up at him with dismay. His words flashed through my mind and my eyes started to tear up again.

"I'm so so sorry, Case. I have no excuse that can be good enough to heal your hurt." He said somberly. I looked into his eyes. His eyes held so much sorrow, that even though I was hurt to the core, Derek was hurting too.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him. He left behind his 'tough' exterior and hugged be back. I felt a bag against my back. I pulled away from the hug and saw mozzarella sticks and a milkshake.

I looked up at him curiously and he gave them to me. I jumped with joy hopped on my bed. I pat the spot beside me and he tentatively sat beside me.

While I was eating the food, I pointed to my movie case motioning for him to pick a movie.

He grumbled about just sitting down and walked over to the case of movies.

He looked at them with great concentration and I covered my mouth to hide the laughter.

Derek found a movie and turned around triumphantly. At this point, I'm laughing so hard that I'm trying not to choke.

Derek looked at me confused and just shook his head. He put the movie in and plopped down on MY favorite pillow. All laughter ceased as I glared at him and his smug smirk.

I turned towards the movie and stared impatiently at the commercials.

I JUST WANT TO WATCH THE FRIGGIN' MOVIE.

He probably put on some manly movie.

Finally the movie came on.

Aladdin?

I looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

He shrugged at me.

"It's a good movie." I rolled my eyes and curled up under the covers.

We watched the movie, but not without him singing along with genie.

Times like this, I want to cry for my lost voice. I miss singing, even if I sucked at it.

I mean, I REALLY sucked at it.

I pushed that mood away and watched the rest of the movie.

He doesn't need to be sad again.

When it was over, I looked at the clock and realized it was eight o'clock.

Time flies when you are crying over your best friend who is obsessed with Disney movies and a fallen avenger who I literally got attached to at the beginning of the movie.

I mean, COME ON!

I suddenly realized how tired I was. I looked at Derek and gave the sweetest smile I could muster up.

I grabbed the white board and wrote a dire message.

GET OUT. I wrote. He looked taken back before chuckling and walking out of the room in surrender.

As I heard the door shut, I dropped the happy act and walked to the bathroom with a change of clothes.

I turned on bath, because hey, sometimes a girl needs a bath.

I put in bubbles because I felt like bubbles and then I hopped in with my 'Better Favorites' playlist playing.

Then I just cried. I didn't cry over Derek because I was no longer sad about him.

I cried because my life felt as if it were going so fast that it was leaving me behind. I cried because sometimes, scratch that, every time I tried to help someone, it seemed to backfire.

Eventually the water got lukewarm and I don't roll that way.

I put on my sweatshirt and tank top then crawled into my warm covers and closed my eyes.

Maybe dreams can be better than reality tonight.
••
Hey Kae's Baes!

Awe! You thought that this chapter was going to end happy!

Nope.

Ehehehehe.

I tried not to spoil Age of Ultron for those who hadn't seen it but I pretty sure I failed at that.

Anyway...on the 26th, we had our homecoming dance and it seriously sucked. I was the 4th wheel the entire time.

Yeah, the FOURTH wheel. I wasn't even sort of included.

It's not like it hadn't happened before, but still...

Anyways, I left the dance early and texted my friend that goes to another school and while I was texting him, I checked wattpad. I had 2000 reads on this book.

They seriously made me smile.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Anyway...

What are you doing for Halloween?

Any costume ideas? I suck at costume stuff.

THATS ALL!!

TTYL