Ch. 21 *Real One Guys!*

There was a storm that night, and I couldn’t sleep a wink. The usually comforting thunder seemed increasingly menacing with each blow. I walked from my room to the fridge and with each step the lightning seemed to strike closer and closer to the warehouse.

“Kitty Kat, Kitty Kat.” A voice teased from upstairs.

“Who’s there?” I called out.

Jonathan was the only other person who inhabited this building and he had since moved; so who was upstairs? I set my glass of milk on the counter and silently climbed the steps. The storm raged on outside, casting angular shadows all over my new home. A girl giggled and footsteps padded through Edward’s old room.

“Luna? Is that you?” I pushed the door open and the green light made my head spin. “Luna, come out.”

“I’m no moon.” The girl teased from the bathroom. “Come find me Kitty Kat.”

“Who are you and what the hell are you doing in my h-“ There was no one in the bathroom. Well, that was a lie because I was in the bathroom. “No.”

“Hello Kat.” My reflection waved and giggled at me. She had my same hair and clothes, but her eyes seemed to glow amber. “Took you long enough to find me.”

“Storm?” My voice cracked as I touched the cool glass.

“For the time being.” She nodded with a grin. “Why do you call me ‘Storm?’ I thought we were ‘Chesh’ now.”

“We? There is no we.” I growled. “You’re violent and could kill someone, I can’t… I won’t do that. Ever.”

“Congratulations!” She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips, giving me one of my customary ‘you’re such a freaking idiot’ looks. “Someone give me a prize for stating the most obvious fact in human existence.”

“What are you going on about?” I glared. “Just say it. You of all people should know I don’t like stalling.”

“On the contrary, you love stalling; you hate when other people stall. Since we’re on in the same person I figured the stalling point was-“

“Shut up.” I sighed, rubbing a hand down my face. “I’m sitting here talking to my reflection, I’ve officially lost it.” I mumbled.

“See!” She got all excited and smiled at me while pointing. “There you go, what did you just say?”

“I’m talking to my reflection I-“ She cut me off with a laugh.

“Listen to yourself Katrina! You’re brilliant, absolutely brilliant, but you never listen well enough to hear it.”

I stared at her and thought about it. I’m talking to my reflection. Why the hell am I listening to my reflection in the first place!