A Forgotten Friend | My 'Knight' in Shining Armour

'And I hope you don't save some other girl.'

A Forgotten Friend | My 'Knight' in Shining Armour

The rest of the day at school was normal. Nothing special happened. Only a few of my classmates were a bit sad since tomorrow would be the last day of school. The thought of not coming to school was breaking them. But as for me, I was happy. Content, by the fact that I wouldn't have to get up early and get tortured at school.

As I was left the school and entered the parking lot, I heard Edward calling my name. I had told Sarah that I wouldn't be coming back home with her and had even informed my mother that I would be going to Edward's place for the project. I still hadn't told her that Edward had shifted here in London and was in the same school as me. I'm pretty sure that she must be knowing that the Knight's have shifted here. After all, David, Edward's dad is my dad's childhood buddy. It must've slipped from her mind to tell me that they are here.

"Rachel!" said Edward, snapping me away from my trail of thoughts. "I've been looking for you, for God knows how long! Now let's go." he said while walking towards his Red jeep.

Let's go?

Where?

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To my place, duh." he answered.

Oh yes! It never occurred to me that I would've had to go WITH him to his place.

Silly me.

So I went towards his car, to find him sitting on the driving seat and waiting for me to sit. As I sat on the passengers seat, the engine roared to life and we headed towards Edward's house. Edward's car smelt a nice smell and he was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

The ride to his place was silent. It was a comfortable silence. It felt weird sitting so close to him for like after eight years. The day I had left, I had never expected to see him again. But fate had planned something else for me. I didn't know how to react. Should I be happy that I finally got to see my best friend after eight long years or sad, that he didn't recognise me.

Edward pulled into his house's driveway and I looked up at his house. His house was two-storied with plush green bushes alongside the driveway. The house was painted with pale yellow and looked welcoming. I discovered that Edward lived quite near the school and it took us only ten minutes to reach his place.

We both left the car and headed towards the main door. Edward unlocked the door and ushered me to enter first. I was met by a sweet-delicious smell of freshly baked cookies as I entered his house. Edward's mom used to cook awesome cookies back in Beckneham and I didn't even realise how much I missed them.

His house looked quite welcoming and smelt homely. On entering the house, there was their loving room which had beige coloured sofas, a flat screen TV and a huge coffee table in the centre. A wall behind the largest sofa in the room had many pictures. As I walked towards them, Edward called," Mom, I'm home."

Oh shoot! It never occurred to me that I would meet his mother, Mrs. Knight. What if she recognises me? How will Edward react to this?

So many questions were stirring in my mind as Edward's mom entered the living room, probably from the kitchen.

"Oh hello Eddie dear! How was your day at school? And who is this lovely lady?" asked his mother.

"It was good and this is Rachel. She's here for a project that we've been paired up for." he answered.

I outstretched my hand for her to shake. She took it and I said, "It's a pleasure meeting you, Mrs. Knight."

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine, dear. And call me Amelia. Mrs. Knight sounds too old fashioned." she said with a smile that resembled Edwards. Edward and his mother shared the same ocean blue eyes but his chocolate brown hair and sharp facial features resembled his dad. His mom had dirty blonde hair which was inherited by Ashley, Edward's younger sister. She must be eleven years old since she was only a three year old toddler when I left Beckenham.

"Okay, Amelia." I said. I didn't like calling elders by their first names. I mean, what's wrong with Mrs. Knight? But since she insisted, I had no choice but to call her Amelia.

"I don't know but there is something familiar about you, Rachel. What is your last name, dear?" asked Mrs. Knight.

I panicked, when she asked me the question. If I'll tell her my last name then she'll know that I'm his son's childhood friend.

"Uh... My last name, uh..."

"Mom, enough with the interrogation. We've got work to do." said Edward. I just wanted to hug him. He had saved me. My knight in shining armour. Oh, his name is also Edward 'Knight'.

Shut up, brain.

Edward took hold of my wrist and took me towards the staircase. Chills went down my spine and I felt my hand burning where he touched me. I looked down at my hand which was held my Edward's. I didn't know what that feeling was, I couldn't decipher. Was I falling for him? No way.

As we stood outside a room, which I guessed was Edward's, he followed my gaze. As if realisation struck him, he left my hand. It felt a bit empty and I lost the warmth. I don't know why but I felt disappointed. Shrugging off the feeling of disappointment, I asked, "so is this your room?"

"Yep!" he answered, popping the 'p'.

"okay, so you ready to start with the project?" I asked.

"As ready as I ever will be." he answered.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey!

So guys, did you like the chapter?

Is Rachel falling for Edward?

Will Amelia, Edward's mother find out that Rachel is Edward's childhood buddy?

Tell me what you guys think.

This chapter has been dedicated to MTchan. She made sure to vote all my chapters. She is a really sweet person and writes awesome poems. Hope she'll read this chapter.

Please, vote or comment. :)

xoxo

fabgirl1998