Chapter 11: Little wendy

Hi? Author here! I just wanted to dedicate this chapter to @dancingfire47 because of person's kindness towards me!
"You have always encouraged me with your awesome comments, thank you so much!"
Now, on to the story.
-------
Wendy's P.O.V
I woke up on my fluffy night sky-colored bed as the sun shone brightly on me. I smiled as I looked through the window next to me.
It's Tuesday!
Natsu and I had a 'rock paper sissors' bet yesterday, and I won! So that means I got to hang around with Lucy today!

I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and change into a light blue and green-stripped pattern dress. After that, I ran down the grand stairs to the dining room.

"Careful, Princess Wendy! Watch your steps!" A maid called out along the way.

When I reached the dinning room, I hugged mom; the only person that was there. She smiled as she stood up to hug me back.

"Mom, where's Natsu and dad?" I asked.

"Still sleeping, my dear," she replied softly.

"How about Lucy?"

She looked up, I couldn't tell what the expression on her face was.
"She already ate. She's at the garden."

"Oh I see!" I exclaimed and was about to go there but mom interrupted me.

"Eat your breakfast first!" She shouted.

I nodded and went to the dinning table to eat the food that was served on the table.

I really want to see Lucy now!

Lucy's P.O.V
I walked around the garden and looked at the beautiful scenario around me.
You don't get stuff like trees or grass or flowers in our world. The human world is  full of amazing things, and I was always awed by it.
I sat down one of the white benches next to me. I smiled at the water splashing out of the carved rock. Natsu  had taught me yesterday (after I cried) some new things, and one of them was a water fountain.
There was temptation in me to go and touch the water of the water fountain. As I stood up and reached my hand out to the water fountain, a voice called out to me,

"Lucy!Lucy-San !"
I put my hand down and looked behind me. Little cute Wendy was running towards me, with her arms wide open. I took them in and hugged her. She hugged me back with all her tiny strength.

After our warm hug, she pulled away and smiled at me.

"Natsu and I had a bet, and I won! I get to stay with you today!" She exclaimed. I giggled at her actions.

"Is that so? Where do you want to go, Wendy?"

"I was thinking I'll show you my room! Is that ok with you..?" She asked politely.

"Sure!"
---
The room was big and grand for a bedroom. Most of the things she had was a theme of blue, though some areas were green too.
"Is your favorite color blue?" I asked as I touched the decorated wall.

"Well, I guess so. I'm just comfortable with that color...? It's not like I have a passion for a color though," she replied, looking like she was unsure how to answer.

I saw a green chair and went near it,
"May I..?" I asked as I quickly looked back at Wendy for her permission.

"Of course!"she replied, and sat down next to me as I did.

I noticed that she had a book in her hand saying 'the little mermaid'. I opened my mouth to speak,
"What's that book you have there..?" She looked up from her book and faced me.

"Well..." She started off, "I kind of wanted to show you this book, Lucy-San. But I guess you already heard about it..."

"Actually, I haven't," I disagreed.

"Really?!" Wendy asked me, shocked. "I guess I'll tell you the story then." She opened up the book and started reading out loud,
"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful mermaid living in the ocean with her family. She had sisters; she was the youngest out of all of them. As a mermaid, she always, ALWAYS wanted to be human and explore the world.

"One day she went up above water and found a ship. She looked through the ship and found a boy her age. She fell in love with him at first sight. Soon though, the ship crashed and sank. She swam and looked for the boy and saved him. They ended up on shore. Knowing that time was up, she swam back to her home.

"Oh, how much she wanted to see that boy again. So she went to a witch and traded her voice for legs. She swam up shore and the boy, who apparently was a prince, took her in. For a few days she lived happily in that kingdom, falling more and more in love with the prince. But soon after that, she realized that the prince fell in love with another princess. They got married and started living their happy life. The little mermaid-girl was so depressed of this fact, that she didn't know what to do with her life anymore. Right when she was about to give up, her sisters came up to the ship and gave her a dagger. Their hair had to be cut to retrieve the dagger from the witch. They said to her,
'You must slay the prince and let his blood drip on your legs so that you can become a mermaid again.'
She nodded and went to kill the prince in his sleep. As she was about to cut him, she noticed how peaceful he was sleeping with his bride, how happy he was. She couldn't do it. So instead she threw herself in the ocean to die. Instead of being a dead body, she became a princess of the airs. Other air princess came to her and said,
Because of your courage and kindness you became a princess of the airs like us. You shall do good deeds before going to the kingdom of god.
And so she lived her soul like that."

I was too shock to even speak.
That girl in the story is just like me... What if I end up like her..?

When I calmed down from my shock, I asked Wendy,
"Do you know... If this is a true story....?"

She looked back and forth between me and the book,
"Well, I guess it's a folk tale, but I don't really know if it's true. Some people say it is, some people say it's not... But I have a feeling it has something to do with the relationship with us and the mer-people."

Is that so...

"Wow Wendy, you really amazing!" I giggled. She blushed and started fiddling with her fingers.
"T-thank you..." She stuttered. I giggled again, then started to get serious.

"Do you like the mer-people?" I blurted out. Shoot! I thought out loud! She's gonna think suspiciously of me!!

She sighed.
"What if... I told you 'yes'?" She mumbled.

I don't remember how touched I was, but I definitely had tears in my eyes. So... She likes us? A human actually likes us?

"Lucy-San?!! What's wrong?!!" She shouted, shocked. She looked worried of what my reaction would be. I wiped away the tears,

"Sorry it's just that... I'm so happy that you do like the mer-people."

She stepped back in her chair. It seemed like she didn't expect that.
"You... Are? You're happy?" She asked, making sure if she heard me properly. I nodded. She leaped out of her chair and hugged me hard. I was surprised to see that reaction.
Guess we were both surprised!

"I'm so happy... Another person likes the mer-people!" She exclaimed, then pulled back, "right?"

"Yup!" I said grinning. She hugged be again.

I'm so happy she loves us.. I wonder if I should tell her I'm-....maybe later...

--
Author here! I know it's not a weekend, but I just had to update now! I'm so into this! Lol ;).