Chapter 15: Land Of No Tears

A/N at the end.

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."

- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

----------------------------

'It's not a joke. It's not a prank. And it's not jealousy. It's plain old revenge.'

I raised my eyebrows.

"Apparently everybody knows my number." I said, dryly.

Nathan threw me a this-is-not-a-joke look, before slipping his sleek black phone out of his pocket and dialling someone.

"Dean. I need you to tell me who's number this is." Nathan said, rattling off the number from which is received the message to Dean. He then cut the phone, placing both my phone and his on the table.

He started to pace.

I sighed and went to sit on his bed and watched him pace back and forth.

Five minutes later, I was sprawled on the bed, bored of watching him pace.

"If you're not doing anything important," I said, grinning "atleast take off your shirt so I can actually have something to see."

Nathan stopped pacing and turned, crossing his arms across his chest and threw me a disapproving look.

"What? Take it off!" I said laughing.

"Wow. One-track mind much?" Nathan asked, raising an eyebrow.

I jumped off the bed and wrapped my hands around his neck.

"Since when did you become the responsible one?" I grumbled.

He leaned forward, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Since when you were threatened." he said, his hands on my waist.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure it's nothing. Dean-whoever he is-will find out who messaged me and I can kick his of her's butt." I said, "See? Simple. Now. You. Shirt. Off."

He let out a laugh, rubbing his hands down his face.

"Crazy woman. I don't think it's that simple." he said.

I sighed.

"Yeah the chances of the phone actually BELONGING to the telepath we're looking for is highly unlikely."

Nathan nodded at me.

"Who's Dean?" I asked.

"Pack member. Crazy good with computers and generally technology." he said.

I nodded, deep in thought. His pack seems to have it all. He still seemed worried, he was shifting from foot to foot angling his head side to side.

"Stop being so fidgety!" I grumbled.

"You're holding me in place and not letting me pace." he said.

I tightened my arms.

"I offered you a compromise. Where I can watch you pace happily and you can pace happily."

He rolled his eyes.

"You're not going to let me pace if I take my shirt off."

"Please. You're not THAT hot."

"Liar."

"Flirt." I said.

"Witch."

"Vampire." I said.