Letters To Someone Asleep

I walked up to y/n as she laid on the white hospital bed, out cold. She's been in a coma for two years. I've been visiting her everyday and I read to her. Her and I have been dating for 5 years and I will never give up hope that she will wake up to the sound of my voice, or at all for that matter. 

I sat down next to her grabbing the long letter out of my pocket.

"Dear y/n" I started.

I cleared my throat and sighed. I felt the tears build up but I didn't let it show.

"I miss you a lot. I've been writing songs about you. a lot. Everybody misses you actually especially Marian. She misses your sarcasm, your humor, your laugh. just like me. I hope you wake up and find me sitting here in this chair talking to you and telling you how beautiful you are. I miss waking up next to you in our own bed. Nothing makes me feel better than seeing those beautiful eyes shoot open. You look so beautiful when the sunlight hits your face, makes you look magical, makes you look alive. you and i will make this wonderful life together if i have to wait four more years for you to wake up. but please do wake up soon you're too perfect to lose baby girl-" 

I couldn't finish because she shot up panting heavily. she looked around and saw me. Her tears falling down her face.

"shawnie?" she chuckled embracing me in a hug.

"Oh my god! baby! Oh my god!" i sobbed into her shoulder.

she chuckled as tears soaked the back of my shirt. the nurse jogged in with the doctor and saw us hugging. 

"Excuse us, were just gonna run some test and we can send you home stable" the doctor said grabbing some things and started to put them on her.

I walked out the room and felt all the excitement and joy overwhelm me. I yelled and chuckled pumping my fist into the air.

"my baby girl is back!" i said grabbing a nurse's shoulders.

she chuckled and patted me on the back. i scratched the back of my head as everyone applauded me. y/n walked out wearing the clothes she came in from the start. she looked beautiful.

"hi baby" she smiled hugging me again.

"thank you" i sobbed.

"for what?" she giggled.

I sighed and kissed her lips passionately. i let go and stared into those bright orbs.

"for being with me"