Chapter 19 - The Monster is difficult

Standing under the shower was one of the best ways of relieving stress. The last few days had been very challenging mentally and emotionally and the chase was not yet over. But I was still smiling. It was a smile of anticipation and I was literally counting in my head 5...4...3...2..

And before I could finish my count, the door was forced open and Manik stood right in front of me. His eyes gave away the same expressions of annoyance from last night. Actually that expression was somewhat stuck on his face from quite some time. He was hissing in rage, his eyes bulged extra large to scare me and my smile broadened as I saw him like that. My teeth were literally dying to peep through my lips. In a fraction of a second some nerve in my brain chided the other to behave and say what I had practiced some time back.

"What the hell Manik!!..Tum aandar kaise aaye..like seriously..please get out", I said trying to cover myself with both hands and glaring at him with double the intensity of his.

"Really!!! Khud hi door khula chod ke you are asking me this", Manik managed to speak amidst his fury.

"Wh..what ..what are you talking about..main aaise kyun karungi..I must have forgotten..maine jaan bujh ke nahi kia", I fumbled thrice before blurting the whole sentence.

"Right..That's why tum towel pehanke naha rahi thi..hai na??" he asked sarcastically

I slid my hands down by my side and stood straight. I realized I was caught but it's okay I anyways wanted to be caught. I was trying to find an excuse when he barked at me roughly.

"Kya bola tumne Dad se???"

Well I was waiting for him to come to the main point of barging in to the bathroom and he was finally there.

"I didn't say anything...about us..we just spoke about regular stuff", I fidgeted with my wet hair strands.

"Don't try to act smart with me..I can't believe tumne meri chugli ki unse..he was blasting me like anything..I know tumne ye sab purposely kia hai.. you are such a..", he clawed his palm like a tiger to pounce on me but then stopped as he saw me draw back in fear.

"What could I do?? He asked me and I couldn't lie.." I was afraid at his action but then also satisfied to have hit the bull's eye.

He didn't let me finish and grabbed me by the arms and pushed me against the wall behind the shower. Now it was his turn to get wet. It felt like deja vu. That exact moment reminded me of the time of our last shower encounter. There was so much desire and want for each other then, well the want was still there it's just that now it is masked with hatred. I couldn't help my palms reaching his cheek. He flinched the moment I touched him. His eyes didn't leave mine even for a second, the running water failed miserably to break our gaze. I touched his other cheek with my other hand and his eyes softened and that gave me hope. I stood on my toes to reach his lips but he was tall and I cursed my height for the first time. He didn't cooperate and just blatantly enjoyed seeing me struggle to reach my target and I gave up and thought of something else. I slowly reached his engaged hand on my arm and released it and placed it on the knot of my towel tucked neatly on my cleavage. He looked into my eyes engagingly. After giving me a ray of hope he gave away a crooked smile and jerked me backwards and walked out grinning at his victory. Honestly I felt like crying. He had never refused to kiss me in fact he was the one dying for it all the time and now his behavior made me feel cheap and disgusted about myself. I was trying to gather all my confidence and strength which was being washed away under the shower.

***

Cabir called me as I was getting ready for office. He informed that we i.e. me and Manik had a meeting with Soha Dhanrajgir at her farm house in Karjat. Manik had very conveniently hidden the information and Cabir was pretty sure about it. Manik was such a kid he knew very well that I would be needed for the meeting but he chose to drop me out of it to suit his mood. Suddenly all his focus was to despise me and his work, AURA, the deal everything else was secondary. Cabir had already sent over the trial designs which we had to get approved by the bride. I received them and packed them while Manik took his time under the shower. I sneaked out before him and waited for him to come down. Manik came down quite confidently assuming that I had left for AURA. The moment he took the driver's seat and was about the start, I opened the other front door and hopped in like a rabbit with 4 bags equivalent to my own weight and tossed them properly to the rear seat.