01: Back to Hogwarts

"REMEMBER, NO TALKING WITH the mudbloods and half bloods. Sirius, look out for Arabella and your brother. And try not to embarrass our family this year, you've done enough of that by being sorted into bloody Gryffindor." Walburga Black reminded her sons and a now fifteen year-old Arabella Arroway. Sirius and Arabella rolled their eyes while Regulus simply nodded.

Arabella's mother noticed her rolling her eyes and shot her a pointed look. Arabella just gave her a small smile in response and gestured for her mother to hug her. She obliged, wished her daughter a good luck and reminded her to write as often as she can. Pureblood supremacists that they were, Arabella still loved her parents, despite their contrasting views on the world.

When her mother had released her from the hug she turned to Walburga, "Yes, Auntie. Don't worry. I'll be with Sirius all year at Gryffindor to keep an eye on him." She said in a fake reassuring tone. If only she knew, Arabella thought.

Walburga gave her a smile, "Why can't you be more like her, Sirius? She's still a good kid after being sorted into Gryffindor." Sirius rolled his eyes at his mother and Arabella sent him a wink.

Soon enough, it was time for the kids to leave and go to Hogwarts. Their mothers realized this and showered them in hugs, reminding them again to write often. Arabella and Regulus said a few more last goodbyes to their mothers while Sirius had immediately boarded the train.

Sirius was already waiting for Arabella in their usual compartment once she boarded. "Why are you such a little kiss up?" Sirius asked her as she entered.

"Why are you such a little pain in the arse?" she retorted. Smirking, she sat across him. He simply shakes his head and laughs. "Why do I have a feeling that my own mother loves you more than me?"

Arabella simply shrugged at his question, "I don't know, maybe I was the daughter she wished Regulus had been."

"Please, Regulus is already a softie for mother. If anything, you are the daughter she wished I had been. She always wanted one." Sirius said, smiling at her.

"BELLA!!!!"

Sirius and Arabella turned their heads to look and see no other than James Potter standing in the doorway, a huge grin plastered on his features and behind him a very annoyed Remus was standing.

"JAMES!!!" Arabella yelled out, giving him a hug. He immediately hugged hugged her back, lifting her slightly.

"What? No love for me, mate?" Sirius asked, standing up and giving James a hug as well.

"Hello, Remus." Arabella greeted Remus, giving him a hug as well. "Where's Peter?" She asked, breaking away from Remus once she noticed he was the only one who wasn't here.

James merely shrugged at the mention of Peter, "Maybe he got lost. He'll be here, don't worry." James sits beside Sirius, while Remus sat beside Arabella.

"So, Bella-" James starts,

Sirius immediately cuts in, "Please don't call her Bella. Bella reminds me too much of my cousin, and I'd rather not be reminded of her in any way, shape, or form throughout this year. Or forever."

"And what do you propose I call her? Belle?" James teased, giving him a light nudge, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Nope! That nickname is reserved for yours truly." Sirius stated, giving Arabella a wink before laughing out loud. Even though they didn't know what they were laughing at, Arabella, James, and Remus joined in.

"But really, don't call her that." Sirius said, recovering from their little laughter session.

"Alright, Padfoot. Don't get your knickers in a twist." James replied laughing, "Anyways, Ara dear, what were you up to this summer?"

"Sucking up to my parents." Sirius said, rolling his eyes. "Auntie Walburga, I just hate muggleborns, don't you? Uncle Orion, you are such an inspiration, blah blah." Sirius said, making his voice octaves higher, in hopes of imitating her.

"Okay. One, I do not sound like that. Two, I didn't actually say those things." Arabella said to Sirius, rolling her eyes. "You're only jealous that my family likes me more than you.

Sirius chuckled in amusement as he leaned back in his seat, "Belle. Sweetie, trust me when I say I am not jealous."

"Oh honey, both you and I know that's a lie." Arabella smirked as James and Remus just sat there watching their exchange.

"Sirius honey, I just wanna snog you right now!" James said, putting on a high pitch voice.

"Yes Belle, I feel the exact same way." Remus replied, making his voice a little lower. Both of them immediately put their arms around one another, making exaggerated kissing sounds and the like.

"Was that supposed to be us?" Arabella asked them, her eyebrows raised.

"It's alright Belle, let them. That's probably most of the action they'll get all year." Sirius said smirking, "You know what? That's actually all of the action they'll get all year." He quickly adds.

They heard somebody open up the compartment door and in steps Peter, holding a bunch of sweets in his hands. "Sorry I'm late you guys. I brought a bunch of sweets though." He says, giving each of them a little bag of sweets but leaving gigantic one for himself.

"Aw, thanks Peter." Arabella said, smiling at him. He smiles and took a seat next to James.

"Anyways, not all of us have a dedicated fanbase, Padfoot." Remus said, shaking his head.

"Oh Sirius, you're so handsome."

"Oh Sirius, I would die for you."

"Oh Sirius, I love you so much."

"Marry me, Sirius."

James, Peter, Remus and Arabella said, making their voices higher, imitating the girls from his fan club. They weren't even exaggerating; these were actual things girls say to him on a daily basis.

Sirius simply shook his head, "Don't worry guys, you'll get there someday too."

The four of them just rolled our eyes at him and they caught up on what the others did for the summer. They also learn that Remus is a prefect this year.

"So should we kick out Remus later or...?" James teased as soon as he found out the news, earning him a smack on the head from Remus.

Time eventually came where Remus left for meeting with the other prefects. They had changed into their robes, arriving at their destination: Hogwarts.