Chapter 27

The rays of light invaded the room through the closed windows, indicating the beginning of a new day. Emily was forced to open her eyes at the persistence of the sun. In her opinion, morning had come too fast for her liking. Maybe that was because she was still exhausted from the events of the previous days or maybe because she was enjoying too much having a snoring Kyle beside her. She was delighted to feel her back pressed against his chest and his slow breath tickling her neck. Seeing them cuddle so peacefully, could led to think that they were a couple without problems, a couple that was together for so long, that cuddling in the morning was so banal as to eat breakfast everyday.

Emily turned her head slowly, her eyes laying on a sleeping Kyle with his mouth slightly open. The sound that he was making was hilarious. The big bad Alpha with his hard face and serious expression while awake, had almost childish features now. He was so immersed in his sleep that he didn't sense Emily turning around completely to face him. She was trying not to laugh, but it was getting hard not to.
Eventually, she gave up and burst out laughing, waking Kyle in the process.
"Good morning. How did you sleep?" He asked, still with half open eyes.

"Good, till I heard you snoring." She answered, starting laughing again.

"I don't snore!" He felt the need to defend himself. His voice had not a mad tone to it. Instead, he was too repressing a smile.

"You do, but you are still cute when you do it." She teased him a bit more. She knew perfectly well that men like Kyle wanted to be everything but cute. You could tell them how they were masculine, powerful and good in sex, but never cute. Calling them that, was a powerful strike to their ego and macho profile. Kyle snorted loud.
"I will show you how cute I am, if you keep provoking me like that, with your big green eyes that scream innocence and your perfect full and soft lips that promise all kind of sin." He purred, his lips just millimeters apart from hers.
Emily blushed furiously. He sure knew how to reverse situations and how to make her feel hot as if she had fever.

It was amazing how things had changed between the two of them in consequence of the attack. Emily was opening her mouth to retort Kyle's provocation, when her wolf cut her line of thoughts.

"You have to be careful. He cannot mark us now or he will find out about our purpose."

Instead of provoking Kyle a little further and risk a bite in her neck, Emily decided to take the conversation to a safer topic.

"I'm hungry Kyle. Could we go downstairs and have breakfast?"

Thinking that Emily's silence was due to nervousness, Kyle quickly remarked.
"Em, you don't need to feel nervous. I joke a bit but, I would never force myself on you. You are the perfect temptation for me but I will wait for you to be ready for more." He said, seriously.

Her cheeks turned even more hot and she restrained herself from saying something that she could regret later. It was better if Kyle thought she wasn't prepared for more than discovering the truth. Emily was more than ready to jump at Kyle and discover new things under the sheets, but her mission to get her pack back was more important. She knew she couldn't live thinking that a crazy and bloodlust man was in power and controlling her legitimate pack.

Kyle got up and went downstairs, saying that he would prepare something for them.
Sighing, she got out of bed and headed for the shower to get ready. She would go training even when the doctor's orders said otherwise. She needed to put her plan in motion and for that she couldn't stay home all day.

Putting some comfortable clothes, she went to the kitchen. The smell of eggs and bacon reached her nose before her feet reached the last step, and made her stomach growl in appreciation.