Chapter Twenty-One: You're Adorable

I cry a lot. Watching a sad anime/movie, I cry. Accidentally hurting myself, I cry. Hearing a sad news, I cry. Knowing one of my relatives/friends died, I cry. When I'm yawning, I cry. Looking at a bright light, I cry. What I'm trying to say is that I cry...a lot XP

~~~

Mira's POV:

"Is it time yet, Mr. Conbolt?" I asked the teacher for the hundredth time. He let out a huge sigh.

"You can go now, Mira. Remember what assignments you have to do and turn them in tomorrow. Got it?" Mr. Conbolt said.

"Hai!" I said as I dashed out of his classroom. I really hate his class. It's so boring.

"Mira, come on! We're going to be late!" Lucy exclaimed as she saw me. I ran up to her and panted heavily.

"Are...we...starting...yet?" I asked in between breaths. She shook her head.

"Nope, I just wanted you to hurry up," Lucy said with an innocent smile.

"I hate you," I said with an annoyed expression.

"I love you too!" Lucy teased. We laughed it off and head to where the tryout was. There, we saw Levy, Juvia, and Erza practicing the cheer.

~~~

Lucy's POV:

"YOU GUYS ARE LATE!" Erza exclaimed angrily. She's scary when she's mad.

"Sorry, Erza. I needed to write what the assignments were on the board," I explained. Erza turned her head towards Mira.

"What's your excuse?" Erza asked.

"He wouldn't let me out early. I just asked him over and over again, until he got annoyed with me," Mira explained.

"Fine, I'll let it slide once, but don't be late again. Understand?" Erza said.

"Yes," Mira and I said in unison. Just as we were about to practice, we saw the boys head into the gym. Probably for basketball practice. I looked at one particular boy and felt my heart flutter.

"Want to go talk to Natsu?" Levy whispered to me. I felt my face heat up.

"N-No!" I said as I tried to hide my embarrassment. Levy smirked.

"Too bad. If you're not going to talk to him, I guess he'll have to talk to you," Levy giggled. She pointed behind me and ran away. I looked at the back of me and saw Natsu.

"Yo!" Natsu greeted.

"H-Hey!" I stuttered. He raised an eyebrow on me.

"Are you joining the pep squad? I thought you said you didn't want to," he said.

"O-Oh, Mira begged me to join the pep squad. She's not the type of person to give up," I answered. He chuckled and messed my hair up.

"I'm glad you changed your mind. That way, you can cheer for me and see how awesome I am at basketball," he said confidently. I let out a small sighed.

"Keep telling yourself that, Pinky," I teased. He gave me an annoyed look.

"I told you not to tell me that!" Natsu said angrily. I gave him a smile.

"Since, when?" I asked. He crossed his arms.

"Since, now," he answered. I pinched his nose and wiggled it around. His cheeks were tinted red.

"You're adorable," I said without hesitation. His cheeks turned even more red.

"S-Shut up! A-Anyways, I wanted to tell you something..." Natsu stuttered. I looked at him with curiosity. My heart was beating faster and faster.