The Game of Temptation ~24~

Hey guys!

Wow I LOVED the responses on the last chapter!!:D Seriously, those comments made my day!!

I will say that guys, Alex isn't supposed to be evil... I never wanted him to be hated. I kind of expected most of you to hate Isa throughout the story, actually... I was trying to show that sometimes it's the girl who screws up, not the guy, you know?

But, yeah, I love you guys!!!

And almost done! After this we have one chapter and an epilogue... Not sure how I feel about that... Haha.

Anyway, hope you like this chapter, and maybe you won't hate Alex as much after this...

LOVE<3

 PS: The picture on the side... I literally JUST saw it on tumblr and thought "This is PERFECT for right now!"

 Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Four

~Isabelle~

"Did... did you just say..?" Ren asked, sounding shocked.

I looked into his eyes, knowing in that instant I was making the right choice. Laying here with him felt right, more right than anything I'd ever done, even considering how wrong the situation was.

"I said yes, Ren," I told him.

The answering smile was worth it. Worth all the arguments and yelling and confusion over the past few months. Ren looked like he'd finally seen the light, and could possibly die of happiness.

He leaned down to kiss me, and I felt the fire burning through me as his lips traced mine. He was keeping it soft, surprisingly, and I liked it. I could do this for hours and not get bored, I knew that already.

When he pulled away, I moaned without thinking. I wanted him to keep going, to make me his for good, but he sighed and sat up.

"I can't do this with you right now, Isa. You still have a boyfriend. Until that's over, we can't do anything," Ren said, sounding like he was trying to be annoyed, but couldn't.

It was a slap in the face, though. I sat up too, fixing my hair and shirt. I had a boyfriend, and here I was cheating.

"I should... go end things." I swallowed. That was going to be hard. I was in love with Ren, I knew that, and I knew choosing him was the best option right now, but still... I did love Alex, too. Just not the same way, anymore. It had been fading for a while now, I just hadn't realized it until recently.

"Yeah, that's probably best."

Neither of us moved. We just locked eyes, and I could see in Ren's face that he really meant it, that he really loved me.

I sighed. "I have to go, Ren." I stood up, slipping my shoes back on and making sure I still had my phone on me. I'd have to remember to take the case off and switch it back to my old one, it seemed.

"I'll talk to you later?" He asked when we were at his door.

I nodded, a small smile on my face. "Definitely."

He leaned in quickly for a kiss, holding me to him. "Hey, does this mean we're together? As in, officially?" Ren asked.

I bit my lip. "Yeah, it does. But it doesn't officially count until I've broken up with Alex," I explained.

"Alright. Be safe, yeah?" Ren kissed me again, and I let myself get lost in it. I could really enjoy these now, and I loved that. "I love you," he told me, smiling wide.

"I love you, too," I said back, and finally forced myself to walk out of his dorm.

I knew he was watching me leave, but I didn't turn. I needed to get things with Alex sorted out before I turned around, because if I turned around, I would lose any control I had left.