Chapter 26

Being trapped in a room for hours a day did have some perks to it.

My new 'mate' as he had been referred to was hardly ever here anymore. His name was Finn and when he left everyday it gave me more time to practice controlling my powers. I could channel the energy that surrounded me and I've gained control of it. Caspian would be proud of me and the thought of him and our baby was what kept me determined to get out of here.

I rubbed my hand over my stomach as my mind filled with ideas what he or she would look like. I couldn't wait to hold our child in my arms next to Caspian. Being alone these last few days has given me time to really think of some names. At first Ariel popped into mind but even though it was a nice name, I wanted something with a bit more meaning behind it and I just kept picturing Ariel from the little mermaid.

I hummed softly whilst surrounding myself in energy that followed through my body with such control. I let it gather in the palm of my hand and opened my eyes and watched the colours dance about and merge together. My body tingled and I created a protective wall around myself and tuned out any unnecessary sounds, being completely absorbed in my shield of energy.

My mind wandered back to the times when I was most happy. All my memories with Caspian, Bennett and Leo. Back home on land when we were simply relaxing in the garden in the warmth or snuggled on the sofa together. The first time seeing the Kingdom and meeting Caspian's parents, being told I was pregnant and we would be holding our tiny baby in a few months.

I thought about what Caspian might be doing now. How he was feeling and if he was out searching for me. I felt connected to him and I felt the pull like when we first met. My body started warming up and a picture was appearing. It was fuzzy but I could make out Caspian! I got excited and lost some of the concentration making the image fade slightly.

"Caspian." I whispered.

I could hear voices and when I closed my eyes I saw Caspian. He was swimming alone with a distant look on his face but his eyes glinting with determination. Leo swam up and alongside him saying something quickly that I couldn't hear which Caspian gave a nod in return.

Channelling all that energy had drained me and as much as I didn't want to, the image of Caspian and Leomaris faded and I was snapped back into the present time with my eyes dropping closed.

---

"Why do you leave me in here and not in that prison where I was before?" I asked Finn who had returned and was searching through his messy draws of clothes.

"I'm busy and I want you to get used to me and this room." He told me gruffly.

"Can you take me somewhere?" I ask, wanting to get a better idea of the place I'm staying in and see if there are any easy escape routes. "I'm just really bored in this room all day."

"Fine," He sighs. "I'll take you somewhere tonight; just don't make me regret this decision."

"I won't."

Finn left again instructing me to stay here like usual. I lay back down and pulled the blankets over me wondering what was going to happen tonight.

Finn returned later handing me a set of black clothes and told me to get dressed.

"I'm taking you to a party and whilst we're there you will not leave my side, do you understand?"

"Yeah."

"My best guards will be with us so don't try anything." He growled.

"I won't." I whispered lowering my head.

"You'll be repaying me for this later." He said running his hands down my sides and squeezing my ass. "Let's go."

That man made me feel sick.