24. red rags and emotional explosions

THIS IS SO SHORT BUT SO EMOTIONAL, MY GOD

Screen by Twenty One Pilots

TRIGGER WARNING: crying and hardcore shit up ahead.

|24.| red rags and emotional explosions

Oliver Remmer was a ticking time-bomb.

He didn't look that dangerous but when provoked and not diffused quick enough, he'd detonate. Maybe Ceaser didn't notice the way his fists were clamped by his sides and the wild look in Oliver's cold eyes or he'd chosen to ignore it, I didn't know. All I knew was when the boy stood, toe-to-toe with Oliver, his brown eyes glaring down as if taking him up on the offer, it wouldn't end well.

"It's not that serious, guys," Jan had announced, his eyes directed on the pair. He hadn't wanted anything to escalate and Jan being Jan, he didn't want Oliver to be thrown back into juvie because of him.

"It is that serious, January," Oliver had ground out, voice dark and eyes narrowed to slits. I could basically hear his teeth grinding, "he's an ignorant little shit who needs to keep his mouth shut."

"And you're a crazy mother-fucker, protecting the faggot," Ceaser had fired back. I wasn't sure when it got silent, frankly I wasn't paying attention but when I looked around for Elliot to stop this, anyone to stop this, I realized all the eyes on our table -or the scene beside our table.

"He wants you to hit him, Oliver," Jan spoke, eerily calm as if he knew how to deal with the situation. I could see Oliver squeeze his eyes shut before looking over at Jan quickly, focusing immediately back on Ceaser. It was like they had some small form of connection, "he wants you to prove the rumors right."

The fight must not have been moving fast enough or people were losing interest in Ceaser. And Ceaser was an attention whore, so he obviously had to bring people's eyes back to him. "Come on, fight me you fucking pussy," he'd said, pushing Oliver's shoulders for effect.

He was playing with fire.

"Get your hands off me," Oliver had said, body shaking when Ceaser gripped his arm tightly as if he could rip Oliver apart in a second. I could see the way Oliver's eyes changed as he started to blackout, his jaw was tightly clenched as he got this crazy look in his eyes.

"Oliver, please stop," January was pleading, voice steady as I saw his hand grip onto the table. I wanted to stop him but I was paralyzed, unable to move in fear of being hit by accident again.

"Oliver, dammit," my brother had tried, not daring to move from his seat -mostly in fear that he'd end up like Phoenix.

I could see Ceaser's lips move but I couldn't make out the words that he'd let fall off his tongue. I couldn't make out the words that had Oliver pushing Ceaser onto the table and beating his face like his life depended on it.

I was just trying to comprehend what was going on, it was as if I were paralyzed when Jan started trying to break it up. I could see Ceaser's blood running from his nose as Oliver wouldn't let up.

I could see Ceaser land a punch at Oliver's face and I could see when Oliver stumbled a little, slipping up. And in that time, Ceaser could land a swift hit to his stomach.

I could see everything but I couldn't move, I could barely breathe seeing all the blood and the relentlessness and hearing my best friend screaming to the top of his lungs for it to stop.

"Oliver!" Elliot had yelled, finally trying to stop the fight when his brother had Ceaser pinned to the ground, aiming for his face and never missing. The lineom floors were covered in red, Ceaser's hair matted with blood as the boy on top of his wouldn't let up with smashing into his face.