4

Jaques

"Everybody have a seat". He didn't have to tell me twice.

125 suicides.

30 laps around the court.

We had to do two hand dribbles up and down the steps.

I hardly got any sleep last night, since my mom broke my door down and thought she was about to get in a screaming match with me at three in the morning so I had to sleep in my car for the night. So I'm beyond tired, I need more than a seat.

I made myself comfortable right in the middle of the court.

"Don't get to comfortable. I just want to introduce you to your new physical therapist. Your old physical therapist moved to new York to be with the nicks. Now be nice to her, she's a little nervous so give her a warm welcome". He stepped to the side as we clapped. "Team this is Neriah. Neriah this is the team. Welcome to the family".

"Thank you". She smiled with these amazingly straight teeth.

A few people whistled at her.
"Don't be giving her the googly eyes. She's way to young for any of you".

Kyrie raised his hand and coach pointed to him.

"So how old are you?" She smiled again with her cheeks getting read.

"I'm 23".

Kyrie raised his hand again. "Like Michael Jordan?"

She laughed. "Yes like Jordan". She raised her foot and showed off her clean pair of 14s, that just came out.

"Okay you fresh". She looked at me with that smile still on her face.

The sound of a door opening and closing echoed around the room.

"Excuse me ma'am this is a closed practice." I took my attention from her lips to the direction coach was looking at.

Unique sat in the middle of section B and waved.

"I know. But I'm Jaques girlfriend". Here was fuckin go.

"Girlfriend? Why you never tell us you had a girl?" Bron said from across the court.

I opened my mouth but everybody started attacking me with questions.

Neriah smile faded and she turned to coach and said something to him that I couldn't hear over the constant talking.

"Okay hush everybody. You have time to interrogate him later. But Ms. Calvin is ready to evaluate you all. She needs a proper assessment on your physical status so I know what measures I need to take going forward with training for the new season. We'll start with rookie since I have no prior knowledge of any injuries you have. Follow Neriah to her office please. The rest of you I need 60 jumping lunges". He blew his whistle right as I stood and followed behind this gorgeous being.

Unique followed my every move. She stomped down the steps and marched her way to me.

"You think I'm just gonna sit by and watch you touch on my man?". Her eyebrows pushed together causing that scary vein to show on her forehead.

"Uh by all means stay in the room if you'd like. I don't mind". Neriah pushed a stray hair behind her ear and looked down at the ground.

"I didn't asked you if you minded". She folded her arms and started burning a hole In her head with that evil look of hers.

"Okay well, uh follow me". She lead us out the room and down the hall on the way to the locker room. "If you are experiencing pain after or during practice and you need me to check you out, my office is right here next to the locker roo-"

"Oh Jaq won't need any of your services". I scuffed.

I pushed her behind me before she could say anything else stupid. "I'll coming running to you if I feel anything wrong". She unlocked the tall black door I've never noticed before, that had her name engraved on a gold plaque.

"This is my office". I looked around at everything.

"Everything is very; sparkly". Everything looked so untouched and Perfect.

"Sorry I love everything to be super clean. I have a little bit of a habit of over cleaning. I also wanted to make a good impression on you guys".

"That's a good habit to have, you've certainly landed your foot on a good start". Unique elbowed be in the hip.

"I have a habit of over cleaning blah blah blah". Niq said mocking her under her breath. I nudged her and gave Neriah my attention.

"Okay have a seat on the examination table and we can get started". I hopped up and swung my legs slightly. "Okay have you had any injuries before or anytime recently?"

"Not recently but I broke my middle finger on my left hand when i was ten and broke my leg in two places when i was eight also on my left side". She took the ink pen from behind her ear and wrote on the clipboard with her lips slightly twisted to the side.

"Okay were did you break your leg?"

I thought back to what the doctor said back then. "My tibia and fibula. The tibia was a compound fracture".

"Ouch. Okay". She turned and looked at unique. "You don't mind if I do some touching do you?"

"Yes the hell I do".

"Well its more for medical reasons than for my own selfish pleasure". Niq rolled her eyes and gave her the okay.

"I need you to raise your left leg for me". I held it up and she took it into her soft hands. She felt around on it and asked me of I felt any pains or anything. "The bones have healed well, i don't feel any knots so that's good. Now let me see your hand". I placed it in hers and I couldn't help but want to hold it. Neriah looked at me, meeting my gaze. Her eyes were- I can't describe them. They're-

Unique cleared her throat. "You're a little to touchy Feely for my liking". Neriah looked away from me and left go of my hand.

"Um, uh everything seems fine". She took the Stethoscope from her neck and put the ear pieces in her ears. "I'm going to need to hear your breathing if that's okay".

"Yeah that's fine". She stepped in between my legs a little bit.

She put the disk like piece on my chest and I'm sure she could hear how fast my heart is beating.

"Take a deep breath for me". I could see a small smile form at the corner of her lips.
"Very good. Now I'm going to listen from your back". She moved the disk to the back which caused us to be almost chest to chest since she's so short.

Unique did that fake ass cough again. "Is this almost done cause..."

Neriah looked up at me. "Just as soon as he takes another deep breath for me". I took a deep breath and let it out slowly just to look at her for a little while longer.

"You're all finished". She stepped away from me and put her Stethoscopes back around her neck. "You're free to go. I'll have an information sheet about your visit with me. When you get back to the court send Irving to me, he's next on my list". She wrote on her clipboard quickly before looking back at me.

Unique had an angry expression on her face when I finally turned to look at her.
"It was nice meeting you i didn't catch your name". Neriah stuck her hand out for unique to shake.

She looked at her and headed for the door.

"C'mon Jaques you need to get beck to practice". I waved at Neriah as she pulled me out the room.

I've got to stay my distance from her. She might get me into some trouble.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -