-sequel-

When I was seventeen I met a girl who changed my life. Until her I was just keeping low, hoping to stay out of everyone's radar. I just wanted to be left alone, in peace and quiet. I didn't want to be bothered, or chased, or threatened in any way. I didn't particularly had a reason to live, but I didn't want to become one of them.

Ghosts... real and my personal curse. For as long as I can remember I have been able to see them and that had brought endless problems. I just wanted to stop that. I didn't want to see ghosts or people. I just wanted to be on my own.

I ran from them, and from people. If I stayed away from everyone I would be safe. That was what I thought.

I chose a random small town, hoping it would be easier to have a normal and peaceful life. But the moment I arrived, this girl showed up and wouldn't leave me alone. She wouldn't shut up. She wouldn't get I didn't want her around. She was persistent, loud, bubbly and so lively. Without me noticing it, she filled a void that had been eating me alive from within. She filled the silence that was choking me with her endless talk and beautiful laughter.

She was a contradiction, because it seemed she hated everyone... yet she was always paying attention to what they were doing, keeping me up to date to rumours I didn't care about.

She was a weirdo.

She was a ghost. (...)

⋙⋘

If you want to keep reading and know how this ends, then ADD THE SEQUEL TO YOUR LIBRARY! It's called Absent. You find it on my profile (: The full first chapter is there.

Once again, thank you for reading and loving this story!

Bel, xx