CHAPTER SIX

During her spare time, Eleanor found herself taking to her usual  hobby of knitting, it was one of the only things that could keep her  mind occupied for long periods of time

During her spare time, Eleanor found herself taking to her usual hobby of knitting, it was one of the only things that could keep her mind occupied for long periods of time. And with Marnie occupied with the toilet, for the time being, she settled herself in a window seat and worked away, humming lightly to herself. Although after a while, she was growing concern as to what was taking Marnie so long in the girls' lavatory, but the more she thought about it, she figured it was best not to question some things in life.

Glancing up from her work eventually, she caught sight of Cedric down the way and standing across from him was Cho Chang. He was grinning from ear to ear as she blushed away furiously in front of him, leaving Eleanor to set her knitting down and watch the scene of flirting. She didn't understand what was taking him so long to just ask the girl on a simple date, he seemed to be drawing it out for dramatic effect or something along the lines. They were both obviously interested in each other and yet, they still weren't taking the next step. But after a few other words were exchanged, Cedric and Cho parted ways and he walked away with confidence pouring from him with every step.

He spotted Eleanor and instantly made his way over where he sat across from her, the smile on his face not fading in the slightest.

"You look like a git smiling like that," Eleanor told him, " I take it that you asked her to be official then?"

"What? No," Cedric shook his head, "I'm still working the Diggory charm, slowly but surely, Ellie."

With a sigh, she started to pick up her work again, happy for Cedric and his flirting going in the direction he wanted it to but also feeling conflicted that she was encouraging him to ask Cho out on a date. Unfortunately, Eleanor was all too aware that Marnie fancied Cedric, even if she didn't make it all that obvious, it was more than clear that she did. It was just difficult for Marnie to express herself in affectionate ways and that led Eleanor stuck in the middle. She wanted both of her best friends to be happy, she just wasn't sure how that was possible.

"That doesn't look like the scarf you were working on last time I saw you knitting," Cedric said, " what are you working on now?"

"My newest and latest cap," Eleanor said proudly holding it up. "I finished that scarf ages ago."

"I don't know how you can knit that quickly, " he told her, " it's actually pretty ridiculous."

"No, it's not. It's called years of practice, besides, it's pretty much my only talent that I've got going for me, I need to perfect it somehow."

"Whatever, it's already perfect, you make wearable clothing garments in days and there's hardly ever a stitch out of place. Anyways, where's Marnie? Napping?"

"Lavatory, she should be back any second," Eleanor said with a rather hopeful tone. But it seemed that Cedric was not going to wait around as he pushed himself up to stand. "Where are you going?"