Witch Boy Hunting

New Orleans - August 2nd

2:26PM

After a long drive of arguing who should drive the truck and whether or not the driver should use Magic, Desmond and Zatanna finally arrived (or crashed and abandoned their truck outside of) New Orleans. Without a moment's hesitation, the two immediately ran to the French Quarter, where Klarion awaited them.

When they finally arrived, the whole area was packed full of party-goers, jazz bands and drunken revellers, all conveniently blocking any easy passage into the Quarter.
"Great." Desmond groaned. "I guess you can leave it to the folks of New Orleans to have a party when an evil sorcerer is in town..."

He looked to Zatanna, who was squinting her eyes, trying to look for the shop Reilicaf said that Klarion would be in.
Suddenly, she tapped his shoulder repeatedly and pointed to a small, run-down shop just past the crowd.

They both pushed and shoved past the party-goers, nearly running into the performers until they reached the building, which was the perfect definition of 'eyesore'.

It was about two storeys high, with a blue window frame and doorway, both of which had little woodchips flaking off them.

The bricks were a deep, burned brown and were so eroded, Desmond wondered how they could still be in place.

Reilicaf said that the building was abandoned, not falling apart and neglected.
"Desmond." Zatanna whispered, pointing to the doorway.

Desmond nodded and followed her in.

But suddenly, a giant beam of red energy enveloped them and pulled them through the floor.

When they got back to their feet, they found themselves in a large room made out of golden brown stone, almost like they were trapped in one of the Pyramids.
"Well, well, well..." a familiar voice chuckled behind them.

Zatanna spun around to see Klarion walking up to them, but was knocked off her feet by another beam of energy and sent flying into the wall.

"Zatanna!" Desmond called out.

"If it isn't kiddy magic girl and the copycat..."

Desmond spun around and flew at Klarion, who was caught off guard.

He slammed his foot into Klarion's face, but was only to hit him slightly before the latter caught him by the throat.

"You dare hit me?!" Klarion snapped at him. "Don't get cocky, you little brat!"

Desmond clutched Klarion's arm, desperately trying to free himself, but Klarion simply threw him to the floor as his cat leapt off his shoulder.

"Teekl, keep an eye on him..."

Teekl meowed obediently.

Klarion started towards Zatanna, who was slowly rising to her feet.

"Give it up, girly..." he cackled. "Your friend is down for the count and you're next!"

He threw a ball of energy, but Zatanna rolled out of the way and began running around the room.

"Mrots!!" she yelled.

A large, twister began to form around Klarion and sent him up into the air as Zatanna leapt with a small ball of lightning in her hands.

But Klarion saw it coming.

His hand flew out and caught her hand, dispelling the ball of lightning and threw her to the ground, making her cry out in pain.

Before she could get up, Klarion kicked her in the face and wrapped a red coil of energy around her.

"Time to die, you little brat..." he snickered.

"Klarion!!"

Klarion turned around to see Desmond standing up, panting with rage and a collapsible, metal bo-staff in his hand.

"Let her go." he demanded.

Klarion smirked at Desmond, eager to see what would happen next...

Desmond is standing against Klarion! :o Will he succeed?! What can he do?! Will Desmond be strong enough to face the Lord of Chaos in battle? Or will he have another trick up his sleeve..?

Find out on the next chapter! :D

As always, be sure to vote and comment your feedback! :D

- Kai-Shiro :D