Go and be a good mate to her.

Pan's POV

The doctor told me everything I needed to know. Venus had lied about not being able to have babies.

That wasn't what was storming around my head; it was who is the father of that child.

It couldn't be Henry's, they hadn't had sex in a year according to him. That left me with two other people it could be.

•••••

Venus's POV

I woke up in Pan's bed with his shirt on. I had slept for at least twelve hours, and I felt very disoriented.

Pan entered the room with a slight stomp in his step.

"Who was it?" He asked sitting at the edge of the bed, not touching me.

"What?" I coughed.

"The father of that thing that you said you couldn't have." He barked out.

Suddenly I was very angry. I just laid there for a second gathering my thoughts.

"I didn't even know that I was pregnant the first time you called on me in class. I didn't even know there was actual werewolves last week. And I never said I couldn't get pregnant. I said I couldn't have kids."

Pan looked at me for a long time before he said, "I'm sorry." He continued to look at me, though. Finally he asked me what I knew was storming around his head, "Was it Henry's?"

"No." I said and rolled over into the pillow. Pan didn't say anything when he pulled my to him and rocked me to sleep.

•••••

Pan's POV

Valery almost busted my office door open after I left Venus the next morning.

"Chloe just told me she had to come and check up on Venus. Why?" Valery practically screamed.

"Venus miscarried." I stated, not looking up.

Valery remained silent for a long time, before speaking. "She... Venus had a boyfriend before you went to work there. They broke up the week you started. He was just human, they were only together for about three months."

"What happened?"

"He cheated and Henry put him in the hospital." I didn't say anything to that. I just looked at the papers on my desk. "You think the reason you were attracted to me was because of Venus?"  She suddenly asked.

"What?" I said jerking my head up to look a Valery who now occupied the couch in the corner of my office.

"I probably had her scent all over me the night you came to eat dinner with us. And I also think that's why her and Henry used to be close. Because Henry and I were the connection between you and Venus."

"I guess it's possible. A little fucked up, but possible."

Valery stood. "On another note, it doesn't matter if your mad at her. She didn't know you when all that went down. Venus is your mate. Go and be a good mate to her." With that she walked out of the room.