Gray x Reader; Case of the Sniffles [EDITED]

GRAY FULLBUSTER X READER

So this will follow standard conventions of Reader-Insert but with an extra insert:
(M/T) - Magic Type
NOW TO THE STORY!
-------------------------------------
"Ugh." She thought to herself as she removed her body from the warmth of her bed. "Winter's here."

"Alright!" Gray screamed as he handed Nastu's arse to him whilst they were in the guildhall. "Winter, my element, is finally here!" He boasted to the guild which stared in disbelief at the ice mage who had beaten the fire dragon slayer. Although, he did feel a bit bad for Natsu as he suffered from the cold, being hot blooded.

Whilst Natsu was shivering in Lucy's winter jacket, Gray ran outside in his boxers and shoes, running up to (Y/N) as she approached the guild and glomped on her. "Y/N, why are you in such a thick coat?" He yelled before falling with her to the floor.

(Y/N) shrieked as Gray loomed above her, then sneezed as an answer. "I have a cold..." She mumbled through the thick layer of scarf. The ice-Mage rested his forehead against the (M/T)'s. "Wow! You're burning up!"

The fact a blush appeared on her cheeks didn't help.

Gray picked her up, one arm under her legs and the other around her waist. She thrashed her legs gently and said, "Put me down, Gray!" But this was to no avail. She had to stop screaming as they neared the guild, a cough starting to creep up her throat. She felt her head grow heavy and the last thing she remembered was the sounds of the guild fading as the darkness enveloped her.

Gray looked at the (H/C) in his arms whilst feeling the eyes of the guild fall on him. "We fell, I picked her up and she passed out." He explained, trying to hide the panic in his voice. Mira walked over with Gramps as he looked at his granddaughter. "She has a bad cold, take her to the infirmary." Makarov commanded, and Gray followed a smiling but concerned Mirajane. He placed her on the bed carefully once they reached the infirmary and listened to her steady but laboured breath, which was interrupted by a coughing fit.

Hack, hack, hack! went her lungs, her throat restricting the amount of airflow into her body. She felt two cold yet oddly calming hands on her body - one on her back, the other on her upper chest. The cool hands were connected to long arms belonging to her long term crush and best friend, Gray Fullbuster.

The gold was buzzing, but some were calm and conceded over (Y/N)'s welfare.
"Master," he heard Mira mutter softly. "Go get your grandson, his sister needs him." Makarov made a short 'hmn' sound before calling over the lightning Mage.
"Laxus." He called from the bar. "What, Gramps?" Roared the dragon slayer, who knew about his sister and was worried. "Go to the infirmary and check on (Y/N)." Master ordered, his grandson basically flying from the second floor of the guild and down to the infirmary.

The blonde ran through the guild and to the infirmary to the sound of heavy breathing and and hacking. "(Y/N)-cchi! How are you-" He stopped when he saw Gray holding his sister, a hand on her chest and her back. Gray looked at him before Laxus spoke softly and moved to his sister's side. "Nee-san, we're worried sick!"

'This is unusually soft, even for me.' He though as he helped Gray ease his sister down on the bed, catching her breath.

'I've never seen Laxus like this before, he almost looks scared.' Gray thought as he watched Laxus carefully. As (Y/N) sat back, his eyes trailed to her face and his hand to hers. Gray saw that Laxus noticed, so Gray was preparing to be hit as Laxus raised his hand, but the ice Mage felt his head get pat and saw Laxus stroking his sister's (H/C) locks. Laxus gave Gray the look of 'tell anyone and I murder you' to which Gray freaked out as he saw the look and nodded vigorously. Laxus then left the pair alone.

(Y/N) woke up a few hours late to feel a hand in hers and saw the ice Mage looking at her, half asleep. "Gray?" She asked as a way of waking him up, which worked. He shot up immediately and looked at her, the fever going down going down thanks to his hand on her forehead. "We've been worried..." He gestured to Master, Laxus and Mira next to Natsu so he would keep his hands off Lucy. (Y/N) looked up at Gray and beamed at him.

"Thank you, Gray Fullbuster." She whispered before he acted on impulse and pressed a kiss to her cheek. Thunder then rumbled which signalled that Laxus was gonna tear Gray into dragon-fodder. "Laxus!" She called an he looked in the room casually. "Do that again and I break your headphones." She meant business which scared her brother. He nodded quickly and left them again.

"By the way, Gray..." She leaned into his face and smirked, leaving the ice Mage to look at her confusedly.

"You missed."